What's the deal with new menus?

frayedend

:confused:OK---looked through the new menus...and am I missing where the soup course is? Some nights...I don't even see a soup offered. Also...it seems that only one type of salad is offered?

Also....Escargot is missing as well as the Creme Brulee from the menus?

So if these new menus get 'approved' and go out fleet-wide...when is the intended date for them to go fleet-wide?

Why are the tablecloths not being placed on the tables now? Is this change just to save money on cleaning cost or for health reasons? That will be sad to see no tablecloths, IMHO.:(:(:(

:confused:OK---looked through the new menus...and am I missing where the soup course is? Some nights...I don't even see a soup offered. Also...it seems that only one type of salad is offered?

So if these new menus get 'approved' and go out fleet-wide...when is the intended date for them to go fleet-wide?

Why are the tablecloths not being placed on the tables now? Is this change just to save money on cleaning cost or for health reasons? That will be sad to see no tablecloths, IMHO.:(:(:(

As part of the Appetizers section they had a soup on 2 of the 3 nights we dined in the dining room (Baked Onion one night, and Mushroom Cream another).

We had tablecloths in the dining room on the Inspiration for dinner. And also at breakfast the last morning. I took a look underneath the cloth at dinner one night, and the table top was a white plastic top (much like the kind you find at catered events).

Escargot is still on the menu :D

Had never tried a cold soup til cruising Carnival & became a big fan.

You and me both! Though there is a good Tapas restaurant in Vegas with excellent Gazpacho, hopefully there's a Spanish restaurant near you?

I hope these new menus get put on hold, it will affect how ofter we sail with Carnival. Royal Caribbean MDR food was slightly inferior, the soups significantly, but looking at the new Carnival pics they may jump to a distant 2nd.