Port Canaveral. Shuttle vs. Rental Car

Kayla103

This will be my first time sailing out of Port Canaveral this coming June and does anyone have any suggestions for getting to the port for Orlando's airport?

This is my second cruise and my fiance's first (as well as our honeymoon) so as I would like as painless as possible.

Thanks!

This will be my first time sailing out of Port Canaveral this coming June and does anyone have any suggestions for getting to the port for Orlando's airport?

This is my second cruise and my fiance's first (as well as our honeymoon) so as I would like as painless as possible.

Thanks!

One of the most popular way is doing a one-way car rental. A lot of the agencies are close to the port and you can turn in the car and take their free shuttle to the port........then just do the reverse on the return.

If you don't want to rent a car I would suggest a preplanned shuttle. Most popular on these boards are Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Travelynx and Executive VIP limo.

Do not do a taxi.......airport is an hour away and that will cost you $$$$$

Edited by GTO-Girl

Thank you! I will have to do some research on these. We already rented a car for after the cruise because we are spending a few extra days in Florida going to Kennedy Space Center and such. But I will look into the price differences.

Also, thank you for listing the popular shuttle services! It will be a big help when we decide what we want to do :)

Unless you are flying in at least a day early for your cruise I would not bother with a car rental -- to fly in that morning (or afternoon :eek:) and try to rent a car, drive an hour, gas up, return the car and then shuttle to the port is not how I'd like to start my honeymoon.

That said, if you flights are not booked be sure to be a smart cruiser and fly in at least a day early - you never know when flight delays or cancellations or mechanical issues or crew issues or missed connections, etc... will cause you to arrive late and miss the ship! :eek:

Unless you are flying in at least a day early for your cruise I would not bother with a car rental -- to fly in that morning (or afternoon :eek:) and try to rent a car, drive an hour, gas up, return the car and then shuttle to the port is not how I'd like to start my honeymoon.

That said, if you flights are not booked be sure to be a smart cruiser and fly in at least a day early - you never know when flight delays or cancellations or mechanical issues or crew issues or missed connections, etc... will cause you to arrive late and miss the ship! :eek:

We are flying in early that morning. Our flight is supposed to land around 9:00 am the day of the cruise. I was a little worried about that to begin with, but my fiance doesn't want to leave the night before.

I hope nothing causes delays :eek: But, we did get RC insurance in case we need to get another flight to catch our cruise. But it still scares the crap out of me. :eek:

Assuming you arrive at 9:00 you have time to rent a car, which can be cheaper and gives you the option to stop and shop for cruise supplies that you cannot easily bring with you on the plane -- like the big bottles of shampoo and bath gell my wife insists we need. :o If you do not need to stop/shop I would just book with CB or Executive VIP and let someone else do the driving.

Have a good cruise and congratulations! :)

Assuming you arrive at 9:00 you have time to rent a car, which can be cheaper and gives you the option to stop and shop for cruise supplies that you cannot easily bring with you on the plane -- like the big bottles of shampoo and bath gell my wife insists we need. :o If you do not need to stop/shop I would just book with CB or Executive VIP and let someone else do the driving.

Have a good cruise and congratulations! :)

Good point, we stop at Total Wine in Viera to pick up some wine for the cruise.

Try talking him into flying in a day early and do the fly/snooze/cruise package from either Courtyard or Comfort Inn in Cocoa Beach. Just booked and it was 203.00 for 1 nights stay round trip transportation from/to MCO and shuttle to the port day of cruise.

No hassles and you will be more rested to start your cruise.

Try talking him into flying in a day early and do the fly/snooze/cruise package from either Courtyard or Comfort Inn in Cocoa Beach. Just booked and it was 203.00 for 1 nights stay round trip transportation from/to MCO and shuttle to the port day of cruise.

No hassles and you will be more rested to start your cruise.

That sounds like a good idea. But we already booked our flights :cool: