How much can we see in Koper Slovenia in one day

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed them and they have a tour to Lake Bled and Ljubljana. In their description it says Lake Bled is 1 hr 45 min away. That's seems as long as I'd want to travel even though the castle and lake are beautiful.

Google maps shows it to be 1hr 36min taking A1 and E61 157km

The directions do offer another route on H4 that is 3hr 6min 197 km

Is that the route Mydreamvacation is speaking of in the post that it takes 3 hrs? Anyone have any personal experience of a shorter time frame as Roundabout shows?

Kathy

I emailed them and they have a tour to Lake Bled and Ljubljana. In their description it says Lake Bled is 1 hr 45 min away. That's seems as long as I'd want to travel even though the castle and lake are beautiful.

Google maps shows it to be 1hr 36min taking A1 and E61 157km

The directions do offer another route on H4 that is 3hr 6min 197 km

Is that the route Mydreamvacation is speaking of in the post that it takes 3 hrs? Anyone have any personal experience of a shorter time frame as Roundabout shows?

Kathy

I haven't gotten around to follow up yet. The three hours each way route is what I have read on these boards and what the cruise line offers. That's why we decided to go to Ljubljana as that still is an hour and a half each way I am told. I am going to do some serious planning this weekend.

I haven't gotten around to follow up yet. The three hours each way route is what I have read on these boards and what the cruise line offers. That's why we decided to go to Ljubljana as that still is an hour and a half each way I am told. I am going to do some serious planning this weekend.

We will be there in September. I see you are visiting in May. That is soon! Have you contacted Roundabout Travel? On Tripadvisor there are about 90 reviews and 99% are 5* excellents and reading them most are from cruisers.

We are in port for 12 hours 7a to7p.

Let me know what you decide.

Thanks Kathy

I put together a group of six for our cruise in May of last year. We were very pleased with Roundabout. We went first to Lake Bled and up to the castle. We had planned on doing the rowboat to the church but after hearing about the walk through the gorge and seeing the crowd of folks rowing, we elected to take our guide's suggestion and went to the gorge. Koper was our next to last day of our trip and after a week on land in Italy and a week at sea, we were churched and ancient building-ed out...we really enjoyed the walk through the gorge on the beautiful day we had. We then went back to Llubjana and had lunch, a walking tour of the city and then had a pastry before heading back to Koper. There is very little IMHO to see in Koper. I know our fellow cruisers who didn't adventure out of town were very disappointed that they hadn't.

The drive though on an interstate type highway is beautiful and I suspect was closer to an hour and a half than it was to 3 hours. Perhaps the 3 hours you read was the combined car time out and back?

Have a great cruise...we want to go back to Slovenia - the people were friendly and fun and their country very beautiful.

In September of 2011, we shared an all day tour from Koper to Ljubliana and Lake Bled/Bled Castle. Well worth it, spectacular sights, especially at the Lake. Only 1 and 1/2 hour drive maximum.

Graeme at Four Seasons Travel (slovenia-transfers-tours.com)

Graeme is a transplanted Brit, he was funny, informative,efficient. Highly recommended. Organized group thru our roll call.

Rick

As I recall (as always I could certainly be wrong-your mileage may vary....), for our group tour we had originally hoped to get Graeme based on the reviews on here. But learned that he required full payment ahead of time and wouln't refund if the ship didn't make port. No one in my group was willing to book under those conditions which is how we ended up with Roundabout. Everyone was very pleased with them.

I was reading about communist tour which sounded really interesting to me about old Yugoslavia so far I haven't heard back from the people I didn't see anything like that I'm roundabout my husband said he doesn't care is not spending four hours round-trip and a car that's half the day so the furthest he's willing to go is the capital and they do look like they have a nice castle there and there's a river boat ride. I just got to find some time to start really digging into all this

In September of 2011, we shared an all day tour from Koper to Ljubliana and Lake Bled/Bled Castle. Well worth it, spectacular sights, especially at the Lake. Only 1 and 1/2 hour drive maximum.

Graeme at Four Seasons Travel (slovenia-transfers-tours.com)

Graeme is a transplanted Brit, he was funny, informative,efficient. Highly recommended. Organized group thru our roll call.

Rick

Rick,

I can second your recommendation about Graeme at Four Seasons Travel. He was great. We had a small group of about 10 people, 2 cars and did the all day tour from Koper to Ljubiliana and Lake Bled. Beautiful area.

Pat:)

I was reading about communist tour which sounded really interesting to me about old Yugoslavia so far I haven't heard back from the people I didn't see anything like that I'm roundabout my husband said he doesn't care is not spending four hours round-trip and a car that's half the day so the furthest he's willing to go is the capital and they do look like they have a nice castle there and there's a river boat ride. I just got to find some time to start really digging into all this

I'm just hoping you find a comma! LOL