GREAT SERVICE from Carnival Lost & Found

SkyMaster

About a month ago, I sailed "Dream" out of Port Canaveral, and while having a "Senior Moment", left my U.S.M.C. baseball cap, with lots and lots of Carnival Ship Pins, among other treasured pins, somewhere on the ship. I filed a "Lost & Found" report, and about a week later got an e-mail from Carnival stating that they'd like to talk to me, regarding my lost article. I called yesterday, and was informed that my cap had been turned in by my cabin steward, and they'd be happy to return it to me. I received it TODAY via FedX. WOW, what GREAT service! I had written the hat and pins off, and truly never expected to see them again. THANKS CARNIVAL. You make me proud to be a stock holder, and frequent cruiser! :D

"SKY"

Ken

About a month ago, I sailed "Dream" out of Port Canaveral, and while having a "Senior Moment", left my U.S.M.C. baseball cap, with lots and lots of Carnival Ship Pins, among other treasured pins, somewhere on the ship. I filed a "Lost & Found" report, and about a week later got an e-mail from Carnival stating that they'd like to talk to me, regarding my lost article. I called yesterday, and was informed that my cap had been turned in by my cabin steward, and they'd be happy to return it to me. I received it TODAY via FedX. WOW, what GREAT service! I had written the hat and pins off, and truly never expected to see them again. THANKS CARNIVAL. You make me proud to be a stock holder, and frequent cruiser! :D

"SKY"

Ken

I am so glad that you got your hat back, it is good to hear a story of a lost item with a happy ending.:) Thanks for taking the time to post it.

So glad to hear.

This reminds me of our "story" My husband is constantly losing his wallet. I generally carry his ID and anything we know we will NEED while traveling. When we got to the airport after our cruise he could not find his wallet anywhere. We quickly searched our bags. He thought it was possible that someone had taken it from our carry on. He assured me several times that he did NOT leave it on the ship. We figured it would show up (because it always does). I called and cancelled his credit card the day after we got back because we did not find it in our luggage or my purse or anywhere else we thought it might be. The following day it showed up in the mail!! A short note explained it was found on our bed in our cabin! I was so impressed with the quick turn around time and the fact that we got it back. This is a very special wallet as my dh received it as a graduation gift from his grandfather.

I had the same steward for the same cabin on the Triumph last year and the year before.

Just to narrowed it down his name was Mohammad. Anyway this was his last contract with

Carnival and so I left him a special tip with a note that said good luck on your next adventure

and referenced his going home. When I came back to my cabin in the evening I passed Mohammad

in the hall way and then noticed the tip was still on the counter. I caught him in the hallway

and asked him why he didn't take the tip since the note could only have meant it was for him.

Mohammad said that since it didn't have his name on it he would not touch it. Wow .... such

honesty. Mohammad and I may not share the same faith but we share the same values. :o

JT

Edited by jtwanabe

On our first cruise we left our iPod on the ship. Realized it while we were getting in the car. They if course would not let us back on board, it was a Saturday so we couldn't do anything till Monday. I filed the lost and found report that monday. Needless to say we never got our iPod back.

I'm glad you had an honest cabin steward!! We were not so lucky

How to you contact Carnival Lost and Found? I lost something on a recent cruise and would like to see if perhaps it might have been found.

I think I logged onto Carnival dot com, then did a search for "Lost and Found". If that doesn't work, just call the Carnival main number, and request that information. Hope your "outcome" will be as good as mine! ;)

"SKY"

I also received a note from Carnival Lost & Found, with a couple of "tips". They make a lot of sense.

Take a picture of the front of your "sail & Sign Card" with each of your cameras as soon as you get on board. If your camera is lost and not found in your cabin, we can identify it and contact you quickly, even if found on the pier, in a taxi or even on a shore tour.

"SKY"