Hey "Crazy Cruzers" ~ VOS July 15 Sailing

Hey There Crazy Cruzers:

It was a pleasure to finally meet all of you. So sad that our cruise ended today but I have to admit that it was one of the best cruises that I ever had. Hope all of you enjoyed your cruise as much as Barry/I did.

For those that attended the vow renewal on July 22, Barry/I greatly appreciate you sharing our special day! It was an honor to have you there.

Hope all of you arrived home safely so please post when you can and let me know how your trip home went.

Leaving the ship was so difficult and getting back to reality is even harder. :eek:

C Ya!

Trish,

I really enjoyed attending the vow renewal and thank you for inviting us. As I told you on board, I hope we can be there for your 25th.:)

We also had a wonderful time on the cruise and I hope this thread remains really active as a way for all of us to keep up with what is going on with everyone. I've already got it saved in my favorites.

Hi to Barry!

Hi Everyone:

Barry downloaded the pictures from the digital camera and I was incorrect on how many pictures were taken during the cruise. The total pictures taken were... (drum roll please....)

1,078 PICTURES

This a record for me and all I can say is that while the construction continues I'll be very busy with putting this album together on the PC. Granted not all of them will be used since some won't come out or they are duplicates but it will be fun to do. At least this will keep me out of trouble! LOL

Charlie ~ It was wonderful spending time with you and Robin. Will do what we can with our 25th anniversary. I wonder if my gown will fit? LOL

Marg ~ Great to hear from you and thanks for wishes.

Time to head out to Carole's for dinner.

Back tomorrow since I have to get up early due to the fiasco starting up again.

C ya!

We had smooth sailing until Thursday. We had to skip Freeport (no great loss) due to Franklin. The people on the 7/24 trip had their itinerary changed from Bermuda to Canada because of Franklin. That SUCKS!!!!!

We had a safe trip home and are really tired. Trip was fabulous and are sailing again next year on EOS.

Did the people on the 7/24 trip have the option to cancel? Just curious as to how that works. We're on the 9 day VOS to the Caribbean on 9/9. We're keeping an open mind about our ports and not getting our hopes up about any, but we at least want to be in the Caribbean...

Hi Everyone!!!

Trish............I totally agree. The cruise was fabulous, and it was wonderful to finally meet each other. SO many pictures. You win the prize for sure.

Ronnie..WOW .....10:15 at home? We returned at 1pm. Exhausted!!! Unpacking....................and then we all fell asleep for about two hours. Finishing the unpacking now. Brought WAY TOO MANY things. Next year.....much less. Please someone remind me that I said that. LOL.

Marg..........I'm sure Trish's over 1000 pictures will give you a sense of the cruise. It was unbelievable.

Charlie.................Looking forward to researching some great excursions, and discussing pros/cons...going private or through RCCL etc. Thanks for the words with Greg. Much appreciated!!!

Kevin.............Keep in touch with those sexy legs. LOL.

Made it back home around 6:00. Went out for supper but did not see Fast Eddie, Ahmit, Dave or Rajiv........:(

In a wind down mode. Dirty clothes in one pile, Clean clothes in another. Tired but glowing in the memories. All of you mnade this cruise something special that Sharon and I will never forget. Please make sure we stay in touch by more than this thread. Many of you have our contact information and we would love to hear from all of you.

Trish, did you get any pictures of the moon over the ocean last night? I got some more keepers. I will have to get them to you later this week.

Time to now go through the mail and start catching up with reality.

Good Morning Everyone:

Getting back to reality is not fun. Already in tornado mode and today is the continuation of the kitchen project. Have no clue what time they are arriving since we didn't receive any messages so I'm assuming 8:30am. Almost all unpacked and now it's the bag with the billion little things.

Picked up Simba from the boarding place and he's been freaking out ever since. He's starting to lose his voice from meowing so much. Feel so bad for him but we had no choice. Simba won't leave my side so I'm giving him a lot of TLC.

Howard ~ I had a perfect view of the moon from our balcony and got some beautiful shots. Much better than the pictures I took out on Deck 4 with us that one night. Haven't seen them on the PC yet so I'm curious. Will let you know. Did you get any pictures? I miss our tablemates and our staff. Saturday was a trip with our table! We were so wild but it was a great way to have our "last meal" together. I wonder if Kim/Kevin had a hangover the next day! LOL

Kathy ~ I can't believe I took that many pictures but then knowing me.. yeah. Some are duplicates since I wasn't sure if the picture came out clear so I took another shot. I got some beautiful pictures of the pool area/viking at night.. unbelievable how gorgeous they are. It was wonderful meeting all of you as well.

BCS819 ~ People could cancel their cruise but will most likely pay a penalty for it if they purchased trip insurance. If they didn't they get nothing back. I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Our itinerary changed at the end due to Franklin but overall being at sea for three days wasn't bad. There's so much to do on this ship and the time flies. Just go in with an open mind, have a blast and enjoy yourself!

Robin ~ Glad you made it home safely. Being home does suck!

Gotta run and get my day started. Back later on.

Miss you guys already!

Hey

Thought you might be interested in reading this. As expected, VOS is sailing north and many passengers didn't know about it until yesterday. Here's the article that is posted in the NY Daily News this morning.

C Ya!

A Royal pain for cruisers

Upset over trip change

BY DEREK ROSE and JIMMY VIELKIND

DAILY NEWS WRITERS

More than 3,000 Royal Caribbean passengers with tickets to sail yesterday for balmy Bermuda were told their trip had been suddenly rerouted - to the Great White North.

"We thought it was a joke. We have our snorkels and fins, but I don't think we'll be using them. There are no coral reefs up there," said Adam Tanalski, 52, an assistant principal at Bryant High School in Queens, who was unhappy to be Canada-bound.

Officials blamed the Voyager of the Seas' abrupt route change on Tropical Storm Franklin, which is making the southern seas too choppy to travel.

The five-day excursion now is scheduled to stop at Halifax, in Nova Scotia, and St. John, in New Brunswick.

Royal Caribbean cruise lines posted a notice on its Web site Saturday night, but many passengers didn't find out until yesterday when they showed up at the pier in Bayonne, N.J., to set sail.

"We are left with no choice but to sail a modified itinerary," a flyer given to passengers declared. "We apologize for this unexpected alteration to your cruise. Thank you for your understanding."

The forecasted low temperature in Bermuda for today is 78 degrees. In Halifax, it's 51.

"I'm standing here in Jersey where it's warmer than where you're sending me!" Lisa Ruocchio, 48, of Queens, yelled into her cell phone to a customer service representative.

A travel agent who books cruises said last-minute itinerary changes were not uncommon during hurricane season, but that it was atypical to sail in the opposite direction.

"Simple common sense dictates that you cannot sail a ship with over 3,000 guests into a known tropical storm, which may become a hurricane," said Michael Sheehan, a spokesman for Royal Caribbean.

With limited destinations to choose from, company officials approved a cruise to Canada to avoid a "cruise to nowhere," Sheehan said.

Tickets ranged from $550 to well above $1,000, but refunds are given only in "special circumstances on a case-by-case basis," Sheehan said.

"It's ridiculous! Hot to cold!" said Joseph Fugaro, 65, of New Jersey, who booked the cruise with his kids and grandchildren. "If I wanted to go to Canada, I would've booked a cruise to Canada."

Originally published on July 25, 2005

Trish, I understand the frustration for the passengers, but what is RCCL suppose to do. I would be as upset as them and be asking for some considerations too. I suppose a trip to nowhere in the south would have been better since at least they have the proper clothing for the trip.

I am dissapointed in the shots that I took from the still camera. I thought I took more shots that I wanted than I did. I think I will need some of yours to round out the memories. I depended on the DVD way too much.

Maybe you could get a Webshots.com album for all of us to share.

I guess I'm still in cruise mode & the brain is still on vacation - Robin just got a phone call from Royal Caribbean that we left a bag at the terminal. :confused: I guess I counted wrong!:( At least we weren't the only ones - they said they have about 25 bags which is actually fewer than usual.

She is going back with Howie to get it. Fortunately, we live so close to the terminal.

I agree that going to Canada instead of Bermuda really sucks, but that is one of the risks of sailing during hurricane season. I would be shocked if RCCL sailed into, or in the direction of, a tropical storm. The same people who are complaining so loudly are the ones who would be demanding compensation if they sailed into heavy weather.

Hey Everyone:

Charlie ~ Glad to hear that you can retrieve the bag. You are very fortunate to live close to the port.

Howard ~ I'll look into Web Shots and see what the deal is. If I do post any there I won't post any of our pictures that has Barry/myself in it. Barry is not keen on having our pictures on the web. Once I'm done sifting through my pictures I can have Barry burn some on the CD and can mail it to you. Let me know what you want to do.

It's sad that the cruise ended up North but it's "damned if you do and damned if you don't". No matter what someone is going to complain. Anyone that cruises should understand that each itinerary is a risk. I would rather be safe than in my cabin sick from the motion. Mother Nature is busy this year and we all heard about it in one way or another. It happened to Barry/I last year and there's nothing you can do about it. Just make the best of it and enjoy.

Will be back later on. I miss everyone and being on the cruise!

Kitchen Update ~ Tile is going in today but only in the kitchen part. The dining room still has boxes of cabinets/garbage so Tom can't do any work in there. He's not a happy camper but not much you can do about it. The black/white tile floor looks so cool!

C ya!

Just have time for a quick hello. Arrived home yesterday about 1:15pm. No problems. Anne and I want to say what a pleasure it was meeting all of you. The Krazy Kruzers made the trip even more enjoyable than it usually is. Back to the routine. What makes it bearable is that it only 75 days until the next one(sorry). We'll talk more later.

John/Anne

Charlie, you are a CPA. How in the world did you not count correctly??????:D

Trish, I will be happy to have a CD. I can do the same for you with some of my shots but you proabl have the same shots. I will see if I can get a DVD burned with my shots of your renewal.

Still waiting to hear about my next assignment. Too complicated to get into here. As I know more I will fill you in.

John, 75 days? GEESH. Where is that one going? Baltic is next year, correct?

HIYA!!! OK----Ive bene home 1 day and I just completed my photo albums...Went to the store this morning to print my pics....An impressive 575...Purchased 2 300 picture photo albums and just finished....Went to the craft store and bought packages of those little quotes that u can add on a pic..That is my tomorrws project...

sooooooooooooooo sad the cruise is over....looking foward to next yr.keep your fingers crossed that I can go....

Have a wonderful night my friends.....

Shari

The next cruise is roundtrip San Diego to Hawaii, 14 days on Celebrity Infinity. Really looking forward to that one. We've only ever been to Honolulu airport, in transit.

No problem posting our Meet & Mingle picture on Cruise Critic. I was hoping someone would get us Crazy Cruisers on there.

Later, John

Hi all,

Just wanted to say what a pleaseure it was meeting all of you. You made our cruise super special. Kevin and I had a wonderful time.

I'm back from RI - We have the boys back home in NJ ...and lots of hugs and kisses. They knew we were on the "big ship"! They followed our itinerary each day. They love all the photos and the dolphins. The inflated voyager ship from the shop is a huge hit too.

Can't wait to see everyone's pictures and share some more fun times together.

Bye love!

- Brenda

Does anyone have a problem with me sending our Meet & Mongle group photo to Cruise Critic.com?

No problem. Are you out of cruise mode yet? I am slowly getting back to normal. Barbara and I went to lunch today and do you believe it....We actually were given a bill at the end of the meal!!!!!

Did anyone see Barbara from Arizona while on board?

I have been posting on the 7/14/06 board.

Robin

Hey Everyone:

I wish we were on the ship and I don't care where we end up at! Feels so strange to be home and dealing with everything again. Seems like I never left but then I have my 1,000+ pictures to prove that I was really on the ship!

It was wonderful meeting everyone as well and I wish we were still together. Hopefully in the future we can join some/most of you on another cruise. For now we need to take it easy due to major expenses (kitchen project, stepson starting college in September, etc.).

Kitchen Update.. Tile floor is in and it's gorgeous! Tom is coming back tomorrow to grout it. Color is black/white (obviously) in a pinwheel pattern. Grout will be in black since the bulk of the floor is black. Tom did a fantastic job and we are very happy with it. So far no problems this week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this luck to continue. I'm hoping that this project will end within two weeks. All depends on the remaining issues (more cabinet installation, appliances to be installed, plumbing and electrical).

Mom's House... We have people that want it but they can't afford teh 10 percent down since their homes haven't been sold yet. Mom is getting into a panic mode since she is moving in October. Looks like Barry/I will have to help her get a temporary loan if she can't have her house close on October 1. Will be seeing mom on Saturday since I haven't seen her in almost three weeks. My to-do list is very long but you do what you have to do.

So is everyone back to reality? Anyone else planning a future cruise?

If anyone has any pictures from the vow renewal/reception could you please email them to me? The more I have the better.

Take care all and miss ya!

Howard ~ No problem in posting the picture. Thanks for doing it. I wanted to do it but still sorting my 1,000+ pictures. This album will take me two weeks to do with all the work I have to do. You know me... must keep everything extremely organized!

When it's posted could you give us the link so we can check it out.

C ya!

It has been sent.

Now waht I need to do is to see if I can gett a frame of my DVD copied into a JPG shot. I will be working on that to get more images.

I will see what we have from the wedding and reception. I might put them on a CD to mail to you. E-mail me your address.

Archived