Lord Sheffield for those w/ limited mobility???

MadCnty

A fellow pax on our roll call thread has asked this question... "my husband has a walking disability. Do you think we would be able to do LS excursion?? Haven't been on that type of boat before. He has had 2 hip replacements and a knee replaced and must follow strict precautions."

And I figured with the wealth of experience, the question would be best anwered here, as I have never "done" this excursion...:)

Any help from previous Sheffield sailors is greatly appriciated...:cool:

Since this person needs to follow strict precautions, I don't know that this would be the excursion for them. The walkways along the ship are narrow and there are "things" either attached (parts of the ship) or sitting losely (other peoples stuff) on the deck that may be a tripping hazard for someone with limited mobility. We had two "seniors" on our trip who seemed mobile and sat in the same place and didn't move around the entire trip. They seemed to enjoy themselves just relaxing. While we didn't use the restroom facilities, they are located below deck and I would think difficult for them to get to if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

I have really bad knees and the only challenging part for me was boarding and disembarking because there is no ramp. Having said that, the crew is very helpful and I'm sure they could assist in getting the person on board. I didn't do much walking around the boat because it really is narrow but there's really no need to walk around the boat. We remained seated during most of the sail. I did go off for a swim after lunch while we were anchored but only 2 of us did (but then again there were only 3 passengers). I didn't use the head so I can't comment on access. It's a really nice sail and a bargain compared to what others charge.

Archived