Room service menu

abigailsgma

I love room service! I order the shrimp salad & BLT & put them all on one sandwich. It reminds me of the shrimp club at The Cheesecake Factory! Yum! And that chocolate cake is a tasty chaser!!

OMG !! I am doing that too! I dont think we got room service at nite , only those early days when we're getting out and doing an island early...

I read in another thread (I believe it was someone's full cruise review) that they were never able to have room service delivered for breakfast at the time they requested because there were a bunch of rowdy kids on their ship who thought it was fun to go through the halls in the wee small hours of the morning and steal all of the door hangers that had been place outside the night before. (Apparently they were able to call and order it later, after they discovered the problem.) Has anyone ever run into that issue?

Has anyone tried to order breakfast for lunch? Cereal and fruit or toast?

You won't have an issue ordering those items. Breakfast items are available throughout the day. Carnival is usually okay with ordering items that aren't on the room service menu, as long as they aren't hot food items. You can even ask them to prioritize it for your Platinum status and it will be delivered within 10-15 minutes during peak times. That's playing the DYKWIA game, but they won't say no.

Previously I have only ordered room service breakfast, whether it be, coffee and croissants and fruit, or bagel, cream cheese and smoked salmon. Also once ordered the chicken fajita sandwich in the afternoon as I packed my luggage for disembarking. Enjoyed it all. But after reading this and other recent comments of room service, I plan to order these things on my next cruise;

Breakfast again

BLT

grilled Reuben

PBJ

Caesar salad

Chocolate cake

and that delicious chicken fajita sandwich once again.

and maybe more... not all at once of course:D

Previously I have only ordered room service breakfast, whether it be, coffee and croissants and fruit, or bagel, cream cheese and smoked salmon. Also once ordered the chicken fajita sandwich in the afternoon as I packed my luggage for disembarking. Enjoyed it all. But after reading this and other recent comments of room service, I plan to order these things on my next cruise;

Breakfast again

BLT

grilled Reuben

PBJ

Caesar salad

Chocolate cake

and that delicious chicken fajita sandwich once again.

and maybe more... not all at once of course:D

Sounds like a great plan. I have to laugh, tho. Ordering a PBJ sandwich from room service on a cruise! :p:eek: GO FOR IT! :cool:

Sounds like a great plan. I have to laugh, tho. Ordering a PBJ sandwich from room service on a cruise! :p:eek: GO FOR IT! :cool:

I've been a picky eater since childhood. If I can't find enough to eat on the menu to make it worth going to the MDR, I'll find a substitute. Save my energy.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sailing away in 5 days.... 3rd cruise and never used room service before, but will certainly order coffee and juice in the mornings this time! (and Maybe some of that chocolate cake too at 2AM!)

One question regarding the orange juice... is it in a carton or glass and how many ounces is it? Just thinking I might have to make Mimosa too! ;)

I read in another thread (I believe it was someone's full cruise review) that they were never able to have room service delivered for breakfast at the time they requested because there were a bunch of rowdy kids on their ship who thought it was fun to go through the halls in the wee small hours of the morning and steal all of the door hangers that had been place outside the night before. (Apparently they were able to call and order it later, after they discovered the problem.) Has anyone ever run into that issue?

We ran into this problem & the hangers with. "Snoozin" or "cruising" being turned around or removed. It was frustrating to come in at. 6pm & our room hadn't been cleaned or fresh towels. This was Sensation last January.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. I always order BLT for breakfast without any problem. Just write it on the hanging card. It is one of my favorite things on Carnival!

It's to bad that the 24 hour room service menu doesn't include an egg salad sandwich on it, then you can have your eggs, bacon & toast for breakfast without having to go up to the lido deck with everyone else, oh well :rolleyes: or even steak & eggs if you order the steak Sammy from the 24 hour room service. I do prefer room service for breakfast because I don't have to fight the crowds in line at the buffet area or trying to find a place to sit as well. With room service I just go out on the balcony & enjoy my breakfast in peace & quite.

Edited by thepauls93
Added more

Also it is a great way for a wake up call. I put on the door hanger 10am delivery, my usual wake up time on vacation as I am usually up till 2 or 3am. I listen for the knock on the door get up slip on my robe & get my AM coffee & yummy offerings. Just love eating my breakfast in my P.J's & robe on the balcony. :D You can't go up to the Lido deck in your P.J's & robe. Well I guess you could, but I really don't feel like getting stared at & talked about. I want to wake up in comfort & relaxed & to me room service is the only way to do that.

Edited by thepauls93
Added more

We usually get coffee/tea and fruit delivered in the morning as our "wake up" call. I don't remember which ship/line, but we also used to get a cheese plate to snack on while dressing for dinner. With all these ideas, so many more different things to try now. Love the idea of the shrimp club.

We usually get coffee/tea and fruit delivered in the morning as our "wake up" call. I don't remember which ship/line, but we also used to get a cheese plate to snack on while dressing for dinner. With all these ideas, so many more different things to try now. Love the idea of the shrimp club.

While I am quite satisfied with Carnival's room service offerings, a cheese plate is the one thing that I really wish they would add. I know you can get one in the MDR, and I have done so previously and just brought it back to the room, to have as a late night snack, but there are other times of the day that I might like to order it during the day, such as before dinner in my stateroom with a glass of wine.:)

I was shown each nights menus due to my food allergies. One night I told them I didn't need to place a special order. That morning, I ordered toast and peanut butter and made my own peanut butter sandwich, stored it in a Baggie, and had it for dinner with a plate of chocolate covered strawberries for dessert.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

I love ordering room service, but I SO wish they would add a couple of soup options - would really help when the seas are rough. Even canned Campbell's Chicken Noodle or Tomato would be comforting when you aren't feeling too swift... Also, some tortilla chips and salsa would be a nice addition.

Just order some tomato juice, ask for several. This can help just as much as the tomato soup.

While I am quite satisfied with Carnival's room service offerings, a cheese plate is the one thing that I really wish they would add. I know you can get one in the MDR, and I have done so previously and just brought it back to the room, to have as a late night snack, but there are other times of the day that I might like to order it during the day, such as before dinner in my stateroom with a glass of wine.:)

I can so relate to and agree with the cheese plate.:D

I used to do the same thing in regards to cheese plate. Didn't want to fill up too much before dinner but always try to keep something on my stomach to prevent sea sickness. Would definitely like to see that added to menu.

Word of warning about cranberry juice: I happened to have some vodka in my room :confused::p, brought down a few cups of OJ from breakfast and funneled them into an empty soda bottle to put on ice. Then I wanted cranberry juice which is only available for cash at a bar to make a "MADRAS" drink, my favorite!;) Called room service for a few glasses of cranberry juice and guess what? They CHARGE now! :eek::mad: $1.50 for a glass which is 1/2 ice. So BEWARE if you are planning to use cranberry juice during your cruise~ you might want to bring a can or two with your allowable carry on beverages. ;)

And I'm wondering if a charge for tomato juice is too far behind. I think they realize people make drinks in their rooms using these juices. I remember years ago when cranberry and tomato juice were available via the beverage carts at breakfast. I never went to the MDR for breakfast or lunch or did the Sea Day Brunch, so maybe you can get cranberry juice free there.

I agree!!!! :D

FN085.JPG

Our first time I ordered a PJ&B dd10 didn't want one but I ordered her one anyways. We thought it was weird that it came with a side of chips. OMG! Its the best combo sweet and salty. We try to copy it here at home but its just not the same . I guess its time for another cruise-lol!

We will have to try the chocolate cake and the BLT. I do like the ideas of BLT for breakfast

I wish you could get the Caesar salad without ANCHOVIES. Yuck! >.<

I love Caesar salad but I was shocked that the anchovies are in the dressing-yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't figure out why at dinner my mouth had a fishy taste. I finally figured it out at the pizza station when I asked. The Caesar salads I've bought never had the anchovies in it or not to my knowledge. Wish they would change the dressing or I'll have to take my own :)

is the tuna made with mayo or miracle whip(I hate sweet tasting :eek:)