Information Please

karessamom

I know this has probably been asked before but couldn't find it--what i am looking at is--We are thinking in the next couple of years to go to Alaska on cruise--one of the ports we want to visit for sure is Ketchikan-(my DH is in Klowack as i write this and he wants to go back!)-my question is i have kind of narrowed it down to either going from Vancouver (more likely than not) or a possibility of going out of seaward--Can you get decent airfare from SLC to seaward or do you fly into Anchorage and could you get decent airfare on that?? (I looked at prices recently and it was close to $1000 for airfare to Anchorage from SLC--over $1000 for airfare to seaward) (how far from Anchorage to seaward?) and what are the shuttle possibilities from Seattle to Vancouver--how far is that from Seattle?? (I've heard that you can shuttle from Sea-tac to vancouver) we're thinking RCCL because of the dates. anyone have any other ideas?? This will be for family of 4-- 2 adults a 13-14 yo and a 5 or 6 YO depending on when we sail--kids right now are 12 and 4 Thanks for any info.

You would need to fly to Anchorage which is about 3 hours north of Seward. Check with America West for pricing. You can arrange shuttle service to Vancouver with QuickShuttle. http://www.quickcoach.com/

As you've probably seen the big ships all stop at Ketchikan. Enjoy the planning, it's a big part of the fun.

You will need a one way cruise Seward/Vancouver. As mentioned your airport would be Anchorage. But with sailing out of Seward, strongly consider adding at least a day for touring, just excellent activities available. Cruise line shuttles available, Alaska RR and one way rental car with Hertz.

Vancouver/Seattle, rental car, cruiseline bus, Quick Shuttle, Amtrak.

For flights- be sure to look at the multi city booking option and not two one way tickets.

Archived