Advance Dinner Reservations - help !!

I saw in another thread that you can make advance dinner reservations for specialty dining restaurants up to 55 days in advance of your cruise (for Haven guests) or 45 days (for other guests).

Can anyone tell me how this works and if there is a link on the NCL website, I just can't figure this one out !!

It's easy, we will be on the BA and already did so last week for both MDR (it's optional since it's still Free Style Dining still) and Specialty Dining - it seemed that some of the peak time might be blacked out. Schedule conflicts with a show would also prevent a successful confirmation of the booking.

Log into your "My NCL" account - open your upcoming Reservation and click on the Planner, starting with Day 1 - dining choices & option to reserve should show up on screen (once you are within the timeline for your category/status, etc.)

For specialty dining, you need to prepaid or use a credit card to confirm the booking. For MDR, it's not necessary - you can reserve/book a table for 4, 6, 8 and, yes - for 2 (perhap for those preferring "some" privacy, as tables are sometimes 12" or less from mates next to you ... :D )

If you have OBC that you wanted to use & applied for dining, it cannot be done until you are checked in onboard - book then & it should be adjusted with OBC deducted.

For MDR meals, system is blocking show reservations for 2 hours as the duration of the event - thus, the need to coordinate your activities carefully. With those "conflicts" popping up, we will just show up for the MDR and/or eat in the Garden Cafe, etc. instead.

Edited by mking8288

Unless things have changed since last summer, the reservations for restaurants (and entertainment on newest ships) do not come available in MyNCL until 45 days out - the same time for everybody. Suite guests can make reservations through pre-cruise concierge desk already 10 days earlier.

Edited by Demonyte

Unless things have changed since last summer, the reservations for restaurants (and entertainment on newest ships) do not come available in MyNCL until 45 days out - the same time for everybody. Suite guests can make reservations through pre-cruise concierge desk already 10 days earlier.

That I didn't know - thanks so much !!

That all makes sense, I don't see the daily planner yet, so I'm assuming it will pop up in 3 days time ?

You guys are awesome - thanks !!

No it won't "pop up". You can contact the pre-cruise concierge at 55 days, but you won't see anything online at that time. At 45 days you will see restaurants become available to book under My NCL.

Honestly, there isn't a real need to book restaurants before the cruise.

Just wondering along the lines of making reservations for specialty restaurants...

Since NCL just had their UDP promo (and we got it), when we go to book the dining 45 days out, will it just show up as free? I don't want to have to "pay" in order to book since we are getting it for free. Just wondering... :confused:

We have the UDP and just booked our restaurants for our 4/17 cruise on the Sun. The cost showed up as 0 when we booked our time. And, by the way, last year we bought the 3 restaurant deal ahead. We had no trouble changing times and dates for specific restaurants once we were on board.

Happy cruising.

Just wondering along the lines of making reservations for specialty restaurants...

Since NCL just had their UDP promo (and we got it), when we go to book the dining 45 days out, will it just show up as free? I don't want to have to "pay" in order to book since we are getting it for free. Just wondering... :confused:

Yes, I just booked speciality restaurants online with UDP for $0 cover charges.

Can you just give the concierge a general outline? For instance if I tell them want to get in on lobster night. Beyond that my girlfriend likes the shows, I want to do one night in Illusionarium, and then dine in the steak, Japanese, Italian, and French in no particular order. Will they use their expertise and knowledge to build you an itinerary? They have a PHD in ships operation and scheduling compared to my preschool knowledge from reading this board, I am sure they would do better than me.

Can you just give the concierge a general outline? For instance if I tell them want to get in on lobster night. Beyond that my girlfriend likes the shows, I want to do one night in Illusionarium, and then dine in the steak, Japanese, Italian, and French in no particular order. Will they use their expertise and knowledge to build you an itinerary? They have a PHD in ships operation and scheduling compared to my preschool knowledge from reading this board, I am sure they would do better than me.

Sure you could if you have access to concierge (cruising in a full suite) and no preference on what to do at what time/day. For me that would be impossible situation. :)

Edited by Demonyte

No it won't "pop up". You can contact the pre-cruise concierge at 55 days, but you won't see anything online at that time. At 45 days you will see restaurants become available to book under My NCL.

Honestly, there isn't a real need to book restaurants before the cruise.

Thanks, the only reason I'm trying to get ahead of this one is because of NCLs free UDP dining upgrade for all suite passengers - I'm expecting a rush of demand for the specialty dining, because "free" is always popular :)

Thanks, the only reason I'm trying to get ahead of this one is because of NCLs free UDP dining upgrade for all suite passengers - I'm expecting a rush of demand for the specialty dining, because "free" is always popular :)

While that could possibly be true for later cruises, your cruise is so soon that most passengers on that particular cruise do not have UDP (ETA: because the promotion started after final payment).

P.S. UDP is for all cabins from balcony category and up, not only suites - suites get the drink package on top of that.

Edited by Demonyte

Sure you could if you have access to concierge (cruising in a full suite) and no preference on what to do at what time/day. For me that would be impossible situation. :)

Thanks. We are in a full suite and trying to figure out how to make the most of it between dining, spa, Haven, shows, and excursions. We don't want to miss anything. Maybe I should get an experienced cruiser to forward me a copy of their itinerary:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

While that could possibly be true for later cruises, your cruise is so soon that most passengers on that particular cruise do not have UDP (ETA: because the promotion started after final payment).

P.S. UDP is for all cabins from balcony category and up, not only suites - suites get the drink package on top of that.

That's a good point - but I still plan on early reservations just to be certain.

On the downside I didn't realize it was for all cabins from balcony up :eek: