Fountain soda, which ships? When will others get it?

frayedend

So a certain well known CD posted on a certain social media site that they are switching to fountain soda and some ships already have it. This was in response to a question about flat soda.

Does anyone have any info on this, especially if Valor happens to have fountain soda?

(last time I posted about the CD and social media site my post was deleted, so I'm guessing for some reason one or the other is verbotten, although I didn't see it in the guidelines)

So a certain well known CD posted on a certain social media site that they are switching to fountain soda and some ships already have it. This was in response to a question about flat soda.

Does anyone have any info on this, especially if Valor happens to have fountain soda?

(last time I posted about the CD and social media site my post was deleted, so I'm guessing for some reason one or the other is verbotten, although I didn't see it in the guidelines)

John also stated this about 6 months ago, and if I remember correctly the Sunshine has it in high-traffic areas. (Atrium Bar, etc.) I do not know about the Valor though

They had it on the Fascination last week

I hope the freedom has it by june. its nice to buy the bottomless bubbles and have them refill my cup every time I walk by a bar of beverage station. wouldn't have to worry about getting flat pop out of a can that has been sitting there for a while.

Sorta off topic but with the bottomless bubbles program do they now give you a reusable cup or glass?

They will give you a clear plain drinking glass for each use. If you want they have an insulated Carnival cup you can purchase... I think I paid $6 for ours, but I'm not sure, it's been a couple years. But now we each have one and just bring it with us on the cruise.

both Fantasy class ships we have sailed had soda fountains at certain bars for the main flavors such as coke diet coke and sprite. Then they had cans for everything else. I personally wish they would add the Freestyle machines like Royal Caribbean has on several of its ships. Makes it easier to do and then they give you the cup with the chip in it so you can get the self serve at the freestyle machine. Plus if you don't want to carry the cup then you still have the option of going to a bar and getting a soda as well.

I just hope the mix is OK. They serve Coke products on RCL and the taste is awful. Doesn't even taste like the real thing. I prefer out of a can unless they can get it right. Yes, I'm a Coke snob.

They had fountain soda at the new Blue Iguana bar and Red Frog Bar on the Triumph in October, it was SOOOOO yummy!!! We went there to fill all of our drinks!

Awesome!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I didn't notice any fountain soda service on Victory...but I might not have noticed the guns behind the bar.

On Liberty in Oct. 2012, the aft pool bar had a fountain soda gun behind the counter and I was startled by it, since I thought CCL was ALLL canned, usually warm soda.

On Imagination in early 2012 it was all cans.

both Fantasy class ships we have sailed had soda fountains at certain bars for the main flavors such as coke diet coke and sprite. Then they had cans for everything else. I personally wish they would add the Freestyle machines like Royal Caribbean has on several of its ships. Makes it easier to do and then they give you the cup with the chip in it so you can get the self serve at the freestyle machine. Plus if you don't want to carry the cup then you still have the option of going to a bar and getting a soda as well.

^^^^ This, THIS, a thousand times this!

I really loved the free insulated soda cup they give you on RCCL as part of their drinks package, and the fact that I could get a refill any time I wanted from the (then-conventional) soda machine on the pool deck.

Then I heard they were installing Freestyle Coke machines which just makes it that much better. Raspberry Diet Coke! Yummm!

The cup you purchase has a chip in it. No chip, no caramel colored carbonated sugar water.

To clarify, the above is on RCCL, not Carnival. (And the insulated spillproof cup is included in the cost of their soda program; they don't charge separately.)

The fountain service on Carnival, when it is available, is handled by fountain soda guns behind the counter like the one shown in the photo earlier in the thread.

They will give you a clear plain drinking glass for each use. If you want they have an insulated Carnival cup you can purchase... I think I paid $6 for ours, but I'm not sure, it's been a couple years. But now we each have one and just bring it with us on the cruise.

We've always brought our own tumblers on (girls cruise we had matching one's, family cruises we just brought some from home) and the bar staff has never even blinked an eye at filling them up. The good thing about this is if it is canned, they will put the whole can in, cause they are bigger cups.

We've always brought our own tumblers on (girls cruise we had matching one's, family cruises we just brought some from home) and the bar staff has never even blinked an eye at filling them up. The good thing about this is if it is canned, they will put the whole can in, cause they are bigger cups.

Will they pour into my red Solo cup that has ice and rum in it already (from Bon Voyage of course). :D