Check your Crown & Anchor accounts

Just an FY: Received an e-mail yesterday from royal concerning my up coming cruise on the Indy 3-24-14.

Problem was it was for someone else not me, I have her name, reservation number and C&A number. I called Royal and it turns out there were three people I have never known attached to my e-mail address:confused:

One person did have the same last name as we do, one person had the same first name as I have. When I asked how this could happen I was told it was probably a TA that lumped us into a group booking:rolleyes:

Yeah okay but why did two of the other people share first or last names with me?

Anyway she untangled my e-mail address from the other people and made sure my booking and next cruise certs were where they were supposed to be.Just a heads up to check your accounts from time to time.

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

This happened to me!! They kept insisting I was another C&A member with the same name even though her birthdate is 15 years earlier. She's platinum and I'm Gold. Eventually I got it figured out but only by the C&A Desk; the general RC agents never were able to figure it out.

This happened to me!! They kept insisting I was another C&A member with the same name even though her birthdate is 15 years earlier. She's platinum and I'm Gold. Eventually I got it figured out but only by the C&A Desk; the general RC agents never were able to figure it out.

I think this happens more than we know!

Edited by Reader0108598

It seems pretty common for people with the same last name and same first initial to get entangled in the email world. For years I have been receiving emails intended for a woman in GA and a man in Texas with the same last name and first initial. It seems to happen because people either forget their email address or enter it incorrectly when entering it on websites. They eventually start wondering why the are not receiving their email and correct their mistake. It is hard to do it from this end because a lot of emails come from do not respond addresses.

This also happened to us. We found that the TA we used, was able to get a package deal for a number of couples by making it a tour group booking. We actually could not figure out what had happened until we were down for our first dinner, and we recognized one of the other couples ( the husband had worked with my sister-in-law). The cruise people had booked us a part of their family, was quite a funny coincidence, as we lived on opposite ends of the country at the time. We also got extra OBC because they were Diamond+, something we would have never received on our own booking.

Valiamo!

I think this happens more than we know!

It happened to us at least twice in the last 15 years or so. C&A straightened it out more or less, but on one occasion we lost C&A points that were never replaced. I argued until I was blue in the face to no avail, and finally just gave up. Like the unpredictable website, RCI's C&A IT system is definitely flawed in many instances.:(

Funny this should come up. Within the past week, I received a promotional email from RCI that mysteriously showed my points status as of 2 cruises ago (-26 points).

That freaked me out a little (I'm within spitting distance of Diamond and very points-conscious right now), so I went out to the website to check my member status. Fortunately, everything there looked OK.

Sounds like IT got some serious wires crossed.

On a similar topic, we cruised on the NCL Gateway in January and on entering our room we had vouchers, wine and chocolates with someone else's name on.

We then went onto the Carnival Splendor and when checking my onboard spend on the tv there was another couples spend. Straight to guest services to ensure I wasn't paying their bill!