Luggage Labels

MandE-UK

I suppose there is a logical answer to this. If you have a guarantee cabin which is unallocated until you arrive for check in, how do they know where to send your luggage? The self print labels will have no details on them. Luggage is normally taken away from you before you go to the check in desk.

I suppose there is a logical answer to this. If you have a guarantee cabin which is unallocated until you arrive for check in, how do they know where to send your luggage? The self print labels will have no details on them. Luggage is normally taken away from you before you go to the check in desk.

I have read others posts where they indicate the porters have a list they will check, add your name and cabin number to tags they have, put the tags on your bags and away you go to check-in. Keep checking and Have a great trip.

Yes, you are correct! The porter at the pier will have a manifest & will have your cabin number...just write the cabin number on the tag. On our Ruby cruise, we didn't get our cabin number until about 10 days before we left home.

Edited by SCFCRUISER

Generally from the travel agent who will give you the cabin number at the last minute but enough time to print out your luggage labels. Use the labels even if the cabin # is blank. It has your embarkation date and will keep if from getting mixed with luggage coming Off the ship.

I have seen and asked about luggage that is gathered near the purser's desk. These are "unclaimed/misdirected" luggage with no cabin numbers. Sometimes, the tag just comes off. I was told that this is where they keep luggage that have no home. I have never been in this position, but thought others might be curious.

I have had to claim luggage at the pursars desk. The worst part was I had FTTF an they still manager to loose my bag. Haha I flew all over the world in the service and never lost a bag. Carnival lost my bag going from the pier to my room an they were suppose to deliver it first. Oh well it is the little things that make life worth living.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app