Last minute random Allure Questions

We set sail this weekend! I've been enjoying all the reviews and info on the board.

A few questions remain:

Can I bring a curling iron?

What's the temperature like in public areas? Last year on NCL I froze in the evenings. The AC was pumping!

Any last minute tips or must dos?

Thanks in advance!

We set sail this weekend! I've been enjoying all the reviews and info on the board.

A few questions remain:

What's the temperature like in public areas? Last year on NCL I froze in the evenings. The AC was pumping!

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can bring a curling iron.

I find the ship's temp fine, but my wife typically wears a light sweater in the theater.

Thanks in advance!

-Arrive early to the shows! Even though you have (hopefully) already made reservations, most shows fill up completely so get there early so you can get a good seat. At a certain point they allow people in the stand-by lines to take any unused seats.

-Do not miss The Quest... usually night 5 at 11:45 pm in Studio B.

-Try not to eat at the Windjammer every day for breakfast and lunch. Try different places for both meals. Johnny Rockets: breakfast and lunch($); Park Cafe: breakfast and lunch; Giovanni's Table: lunch($).

-The captain's reception on night 2 (first formal night) is a lot of fun! Grab a good seat and enjoy the music! Personally, I love to sit at the Schooner Bar (deck 6) and you have a great view of everything going on!

-Last, and most importantly.... HAVE FUN!!

Have a drink in the rising tide bar, and ask the bartender if you can buy the 'live the. Allure" book. It has some neat facts and figures and makes a great souvenir

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If u can like a party don't miss the late night part in the solarium. It is cool. See you there next week!! 3 days and counting!

Yes! Good call. Blaze is a lot of fun, but when they move it to the Solarium it's a blast.

You guys better keep the ship--including the Solarium--in good shape for me. I'm still a few weeks out.

Have a drink in the rising tide bar, and ask the bartender if you can buy the 'live the. Allure" book. It has some neat facts and figures and makes a great souvenir

I read somewhere the "Live the Allure" book is gone and never coming back... It would be nice if that was not the case.:confused:

A few questions remain:

Thanks in advance!

The temperature is fine all around the ship. However, I'm not sure if you are like me, if I get an occasional chill if I get sunburned. Also, keep in mind, if you have a balcony and you keep the sliding doors open, the A/C will stop functioning and the cabin gets a little warm.

Msw1023: what does that book look like? How much is it? Do you have pics of it?

Is the rising bar only place to get it?

I'm cold natured and was thankful to have my sweater in all the shows. If you haven't booked your shows or need to make changes, board early and go straight to studio B to make your changes. We had to change a few shows and they weren't available online before we sailed, but we got exactly what we wanted when we went to Studio B. We got on board as soon as we could and went right there. There was no line when we got there, but when we left there was a line and it was growing quickly. We also didn't want to fight crowds so we had lunch reservations at Giovanni's. It was great! It was pretty empty except for the back to back cruiser who we're having lunch there thanks to Royal Caribbean. They were fun to chat with and they had good pointers to share with us. Then when we were done with lunch our room was ready! It was perfect timing!!! Enjoy your cruise! Allure is fantastic!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Johnny Rockets is free at breakfast; nominal cover charge the rest of the day.

Have tapas and a wine flight at Vintages in Central Park; sit outside!

Look through all the Small Wonders placed all over the ship. I don't think I found them all, and "Live the Allure" was gone by then. The Small Wonders are upside-down brass telescope-looking things and low silver binoculars. Take a peek to see a surprise inside.

If you don't have a sweater or wrap, one of the shops sells "pashminas" in a multitude of colors. They're around $15.

Enoy! We loved that ship!!

The book is gone due to issues with the company who used to print the book. If you're a C&A member go to the meet and mingle and there is a chance you can win a "special" version if they have any of those left...