Room decorations

We are travelling on Independence on 26th July. One of our party is 12 on the 27th. If we order room decorations is it best to order for when we board or wait to the next day. I would be interested to know what others have done in this situation.

We sailed during my birthday week and DH surprised me with room decorations on the first day so that they were in place when we first got to the cabin. I liked that it was a nice boarding surprise and got to enjoy them all week, not just a few days. You can surprise him with a cake on the actual day.

We got some birthday room decorations on Navigator, and they were beautiful! We ordered them the day of his birthday, and good thing too. They fell by the evening of the next day.

We ordered the chocolate cake, and loved it! Be sure to bring a cake server, because all they provided was a knife.

We usually purchase our own decorations from a discount Party Store and decorate the cabin ourselves. I bought a coil of magnetic tape from the craft store, and affixed it to the back of the decorations so they would stick to the walls and doors of the cabin.