My cruisefare increased by $300 after booking dining!!

cruisingscott

Good day,

I booked a speciality dining reservation for my upcoming cruise and after I paid for the dining, I noticed that my base cruise fare changed and I owed almost $300 more on my cruise!(which had been paid off long ago)

This was remedied by Celebrity very quickly, thank goodness. I was curious if anyone else was having a similar issue when adding things(dining, shoreex and spa) to their booking?

Scott

Good day,

I booked a speciality dining reservation for my upcoming cruise and after I paid for the dining, I noticed that my base cruise fare changed and I owed almost $300 more on my cruise!(which had been paid off long ago)

This was remedied by Celebrity very quickly, thank goodness. I was curious if anyone else was having a similar issue when adding things(dining, shoreex and spa) to their booking?

Scott

Yes, it happened to me a couple of months ago on my March 2014 Eclipse booking. All I did was change from Traditional to Select Dining. The cruise went up by £1400 ($2300)! I too sorted it out with the great lady I use at Celebrity to book my cruises. It was explained that doing any alteration changes/resets the booking codes. I just think there are so many offers in the system it can't cope. It caused me some angst because it was so much, but having a contact at Celebrity helped me.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

My base fare changed when I did Online Check-in.

I had booked using a promo, then called to inquire about switching to a different promo. Was quoted an attractive rate for a beverage package, so I agreed to switch. When the agent actually set it up, the rate was twice what she quoted. So I switched back, but by this time the original promo was no longer available. They "fixed" the difference with a price adjustment, but for some reason the adjustment fell off when I checked in.

A quick call to Celebrity fixed the problem, but gosh... that website!

Welcome to the Fantastic world of Celebrity...whose "" I T "" behaviour rivals everything else with Celebrity;; Modern luxury....:(:confused:redefined in a somewhat strange fashion by the ''suits'' in Miami , whose minds have to have been trained outside of this planet...:rolleyes:

C

That is awful, I wonder how many people do not notice and just pay it?:eek: it also means you need to write rates down before you do anything.

I have learned to do a print out of my reservation every time any changes has been done. In that case I can prove my case if necessary. I also check the reservation quite often to be sure that the famous system haven't changed anything. I do not trust it....

Yes, it happened to me a couple of months ago on my March 2014 Eclipse booking. All I did was change from Traditional to Select Dining. The cruise went up by £1400 ($2300)! I too sorted it out with the great lady I use at Celebrity to book my cruises. It was explained that doing any alteration changes/resets the booking codes. I just think there are so many offers in the system it can't cope. It caused me some angst because it was so much, but having a contact at Celebrity helped me.

Phil

I thought they had cured that problem. Clearly it seems to have returned. I do hate Celebrity's accounting system!

Can you still speak to you PCS, Phil, or do you have to communicate by email now?

We just did three B2Bs on Connie (5/4) then Century (3). Booked each about four weeks ago at a special price and paid in full at the time of booking. About a week later all three were showing, in the "my cruise" page, that we owed $50 to $100 more, each. We called to sort it all out and Celebrity e-mailed invoices to DW for verification. We got on-board the Connie with the web site saying we still had a balance due. Went to GS to be sure there would be no problem. Their records showed that we were paid in full. We were told that the company was trying to fix this glitch.

I wonder if the error could ever work to your benefit? That is, if there was a lower price than what you paid and you made a change such as paying for dining, might the system pick up the lower rate?

Even if it did, it sounds like their main booking computer still has the right rates even if the website info isn't accurate, per Tagsalong.

I thought they had cured that problem. Clearly it seems to have returned. I do hate Celebrity's accounting system!

Can you still speak to you PCS, Phil, or do you have to communicate by email now?

It's not great Sue. It used to be fine. Yes, I can still speak to my PCS. She is still there, albeit now multi-tasking, but can help me out on the phone (and she has been really helpful in queries and also new bookings that she gets clearance on to do). I'm not sure how long that will continue though.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

It's not great Sue. It used to be fine. Yes, I can still speak to my PCS. She is still there, albeit now multi-tasking, but can help me out on the phone (and she has been really helpful in queries and also new bookings that she gets clearance on to do). I'm not sure how long that will continue though.

Phil

Phil

You are right. It's not great now and, like you, I fear it getting worse. Wish I could think of an acceptable plan B.