requesting dining options in advance?

sailandcruise

I just booked a cruise on Celebrity's web site. It gave me the choice of dining -- fixed or select, and for fixed the choice of two seatings -- but it didn't ask about table size preferences. Is there a way to specify this in advance, or do I have to check with the Maitre D' after boarding?

Also, if I want to switch from fixed to select, can I do this on-board? (I would want to do this if my table size preference can not be accomodated. I don't want to just pick Select in advance because I don't want to have to pay the gratuities up front, I'd rather have the charged as part of my on-board bill.)

Also, the web site did not ask me about bed arrangement preferences. I know that this can easily be accomodated on board by asking the cabin steward, but it's the first cruise I've booked where this was not asked about at booking.

I just booked a cruise on Celebrity's web site. It gave me the choice of dining -- fixed or select, and for fixed the choice of two seatings -- but it didn't ask about table size preferences. Is there a way to specify this in advance, or do I have to check with the Maitre D' after boarding?

Also, if I want to switch from fixed to select, can I do this on-board? (I would want to do this if my table size preference can not be accomodated. I don't want to just pick Select in advance because I don't want to have to pay the gratuities up front, I'd rather have the charged as part of my on-board bill.)

Also, the web site did not ask me about bed arrangement preferences. I know that this can easily be accomodated on board by asking the cabin steward, but it's the first cruise I've booked where this was not asked about at booking.

Your travel agent can give your dining preferences, i.e., table size, to Celebrity in advance, and can also specify bed arrangements in advance.

Your travel agent can give your dining preferences, i.e., table size, to Celebrity in advance, and can also specify bed arrangements in advance.

however, there is no guarantee that any of that will happen, although it usually does. It's important that the day you board, you find the individual who is handling dining room inquiries/changes and see that you have been assigned to your requested time/table size. The bed arrangements will be obvious when you get to your cabin..and can be changed very quickly.

As far as changing from fixed dining to select dining...that varies by cruise. Select dining has become quite popular and is often filled...so unless someone wants to switch from select to fixed, it may not be possible to change on board.

If you prefer select dining, I would suggest booking it with your cruise and just pay gratuities at final payment time.

I didn't use a travel agent; I booked directly through Celebrity. Is there a way to make these preferences known without a travel agent? Do I need to call them?

Thanks.

I didn't use a travel agent; I booked directly through Celebrity. Is there a way to make these preferences known without a travel agent? Do I need to call them?

Thanks.

Yes, call them. They should make your preferences known.