Steak house question

tigerdadky

We have been on six cruises and have never considered the steak house. We are on the Dream March 29th sailing, and thought we might give it a try. What bedside the steak is included. Is it worth it

My wife is concerned that they won't cook the steak well done for her, no problem for me I like mine medium rare. Answers please.

We have been on six cruises and have never considered the steak house. We are on the Dream March 29th sailing, and thought we might give it a try. What bedside the steak is included. Is it worth it

My wife is concerned that they won't cook the steak well done for her, no problem for me I like mine medium rare. Answers please.

...Well done is not a problem. Wife like her fillet well done. They did ask if it was ok if the "butterfly" her piece, which she had no problem with.

...After 25 cruises, we finally gave into the urge to try the steakhouse. Definitely worth every penny. Easily compares to any high end steakhouse. Food and service were exceptional.

Edited by Doug910
spelling

If you have the extra cash, it is worth a try. I feel it is head and shoulders above the MDR food. I know many cooks don't like cooking steak well done, but I find it hard to believe they wouldn't cook your steak how you wanted on the ship. Also, there are options other than steak.

It was fantastic. Beat out the NCL and RCI steak houses hands down. We had salads and shrimp cocktail for starters then steaks and baked potatoes. The cheesecake was ginormous.

...Funny you mentioned that! MIL was served her cheesecake and decided that she wanted to take it back to the cabin with her. So they placed one of those plastic covers on it. The cover wouldn't fit! ...and the piece of cheesecake wasn't even standing up... it was on it's side!

...Funny you mentioned that! MIL was served her cheesecake and decided that she wanted to take it back to the cabin with her. So they placed one of those plastic covers on it. The cover wouldn't fit! ...and the piece of cheesecake wasn't even standing up... it was on it's side!

Same! couldn't finish dinner, let alone have dessert. They wrapped the cheesecake to go, had it delivered to our stateroom for us! I was blown away at the service! Definetly going back!

We go 3-5 times during a 7/8 day cruise. It took MANY cruises before we'd consider paying extra but, once we did, we have never looked back. The food is fantastic and the service is superb. The atmosphere is elegant but not stuffy.

You should definitely give it a try!

Kim

Just want you to hear my dissenting opinion FWIW. I can only speak about David's on the Pride. Was there when ship first launched and was probably the best meal of my life.

Returned a few years ago and not nearly as good. Service off - a few different people came by but not 1 specific server. They weren't nearly as friendly as any MDR waiters we have had. Also no one came to check on meal after served. They no longer made salads tableside, brought out cart to select entrees, folded napkin when got up, refilled water frequently, etc.

Entrees were OK, but we have had better meals in the MDR. Just not all that tasty and nowhere near what they were.

They do have lobster and many other meals besides steak.

We felt the quality of the entrees was lesser and portions definitely smaller. For example the creamed spinach was like 3 leaves.

We had high expectations of course from previous meals there.

The little chocolate desserts were really good the last time. But overall, I don't think it was worth the money. It was certainly not as good as a fine steakhouse on land. Not sure I would try it again on Carnival.

We've been to the steakhouse on both NCL and Carnival once each. It is a fun experience and my advice would be to give it a try at least once. We may do it again sometime but in all honesty...we enjoy our dinners in the MDR and I can get steak (and a pretty decent one) every night if I want. I'd say it's a special treat once in a great while. It's always seemed silly to me (just MHO) to spend money for a steak when I can get one for free! But having said that, I'd still say give it a try at least once.:D