Port Canaveral departure flight time?

nydney1

We are doing the Sunshine in August. Do you think we can make an 11:30 flight out of MCO?

The Carnival website says 1:00 PM.

Thanks

We've never cruised out of Port Canaveral. However, the port is quite far from the airport. Try something a little later to be sure.

We are doing the Sunshine in August. Do you think we can make an 11:30 flight out of MCO?

Thanks

More en likely you'll get answers that resemble...yes...no..and maybe. We're on Sunshine repo cruise next month and will be returning home from MCO, also wondered the same. Sposed to be about 45 ride from port to airport. So, depending on how quickly you get a ride to airport..the ship gets in on time..debarkation goes smoothly..ie..you get off right away...11:30 is possible. We decided..nah...booked a later flight.

I would like to know also how long it takes to get from Orlando to Port Canaveral

it takes at least an hour to get to Orlando from Port Canaveral. This is assuming that there isn't a traffic tie up caused by an accident . The backup route trip is at least 2 hours.

1PM is probably a very valid time.

We sailed out of Port Canaveral a few years ago and thought we got to the airport about noon. But we we were not in any hurry and had two kids with us then.

The 11:30 flight time is really the best fit, but I don't want to set myself up for failure.

Thanks

The airport is 45min to 1hr away so depending if you are one of the first off the ship you can "probably" make it. I would strongly suggest a prearranged shuttle or limo. A taxi to the port will cost you $$$$$$.

Check with Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Travelynx, or Executive VIP Limo as these are the most popular here in the boards.

Edited by GTO-Girl

We will be getting off the Sunshine on August 9th, and have a 12:20 flight. We booked a private shuttle with Star Trans with 9:30 AM pick up time. Hopefully, we'll arrive at the airport in plenty of time, but maybe we should move that up a half hour or so.

We will be getting off the Sunshine on August 9th, and have a 12:20 flight. We booked a private shuttle with Star Trans with 9:30 AM pick up time. Hopefully, we'll arrive at the airport in plenty of time, but maybe we should move that up a half hour or so.

Just to be on the safe side I would........between cruisers and those going to Disney World you never know how busy the airport/security might be.

I hope you have a great cruise!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

I think ours last year was an 11:50 flight, we thought we had plenty of time.....but the line for security was very, very, very long & we didn't really have a minute to spare. Try to get off the ship early & have transportation waiting. I think they used to recommend flights no earlier than noon, maybe they recently changed it.

Same on our Dream cruise in January. I recall luggage express was after 11:30. Good thing about LE is you can walk off any time. You go directly to immigration and out to the bus. We walked out of our cabin at 8:15 and were on the bus by 8:45 at MCO at 10:00. We had TSA pre-check and were through security in 5 minutes. Friends did not have pre-check on SWA and were through in 30 min. Drive time to MCO is 45 min. If you are concerned get a car to pick you up. You should be able to be off the ship by 7:30. Doing the bus can take 15-20 waiting to fill up and MCO can take another 10-15 depending on your terminal.

Same on our Dream cruise in January. I recall luggage express was after 11:30. Good thing about LE is you can walk off any time. You go directly to immigration and out to the bus. We walked out of our cabin at 8:15 and were on the bus by 8:45 at MCO at 10:00. We had TSA pre-check and were through security in 5 minutes. Friends did not have pre-check on SWA and were through in 30 min. Drive time to MCO is 45 min. If you are concerned get a car to pick you up. You should be able to be off the ship by 7:30. Doing the bus can take 15-20 waiting to fill up and MCO can take another 10-15 depending on your terminal.

Thanks for the info, 11:30 seems kind of early for luggage express. We were on the Glory in December out of Miami and flew out of FL and luggage express was not before 2;00 pm, our flight was 2;20 :rolleyes: we missed it by 20 minute. Flights out of Miami were 11:30 for luggage express.

45 min drive time. If you take your own bags off, you should not have a problem.

I agree. The key is to take your own bags off, and to make sure you're one of the first groups allowed to eave the ship. If you do this 11:30 flight should be no problem

It will be tight but doable if all goes well. We had a 11:55 flight and used Carnivals transfer service and we were at the airport by 9:45am. You just have to be prepared for any delays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

we have sailed out of pc several times. last two times we had flights at 1230. first time we arrived way early and had plenty of time. second time we had to wait for shuttle. then shuttle made several stops at hotels to drop others off. check in and security lines were very long so we rushed through each to make our flight in the nick of time. the two times we had rental cars we were there in plenty of time to make a flight at that time.