Cancelled cruise now another dissapointment

lunicorn

WE always attend the M& M would have been at March 3rd cruise one but because of cancellation have now booked the 17th cruise from Hong Kong and been informed we cannot attend Meet & Mingle. Very disappointed.

WE always attend the M& M would have been at March 3rd cruise one but because of cancellation have now booked the 17th cruise from Hong Kong and been informed we cannot attend Meet & Mingle. Very disappointed.

This makes no sense! People who have never been on CruiseCritic sometimes attend. This is a mistake. Just plan to show up.

Hi Lunicorn,

No need to be disappointed, as that must be inaccurate information. I suggest speaking with the event coordinator (or Guest Relations) on Day 1 of your cruise, and ask for the date, time and location of the Meet & Mingle. It's open for anyone to attend.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your cruise !

Even if there's no 'invitation' in your cabin just check when it will be (probably at sailaway) and just turn up - see you then!

Thank you all for the advise will do as suggested.

Marino44 I did ask before complaining it was not about waiting for numbers as is normal I was clearly informed we could not attend the list was now closed. Linda

Thank you all for the advise will do as suggested.

Marino44 I did ask before complaining it was not about waiting for numbers as is normal I was clearly informed we could not attend the list was now closed. Linda

What a cold, heartless response from Azamara. Almost cruel

Your cruise was cancelled, u rebooked I and u r not welcome at the m&g

They Have no ability to adapt to unique circumstances

The list is "closed". How absurd

Rules are rules lol

I am sure if u show up u will be welcomed by the on board folks

Edited by pacheco18

Why can't you attend the Meet and Mingle and who told you this?

An interesting question. Was it someone at Miami or an automated response from the website?

It's unfortunate you encountered this disappointment, and the Host Andy and others are correct. That ruling, in your case, is simply untrue.

I suspect the OP got an automated response. Sadly even personal responses from RCL Head Office have not engaged brain fully re the displaced passengers from the March 3 trip

Here on Silhouette the onboard team have been so accommodating as has everyone at Azamara UK. That love and care does not extend to shareholder benefits who declined my OBC request as I did not ask for it 10 days before sailing.

The amount is immaterial and on board they are kindly addressing the issue for one of the cruises but another thing to add to the procedures list Joel is tell shareholder relations and explain as Azamara did not gave 10 days notice of junk hurting its ship propeller the guest has a little problem giving 10 days notice of a new request :)

Edited by uktog

The response the OP received sounds like a typical RCCL response. One cruise, we did not receive our invitation and they told us we could not attend without it.

On Azamara - everyone is welcome to attend. The date, time and location is printed in your daily activity sheet. So - when you arrive in your cabin, you should be able to see when it is. They will welcome you and not question you. Have a great cruise!

An interesting question. Was it someone at Miami or an automated response from the website?

It's unfortunate you encountered this disappointment, and the Host Andy and others are correct. That ruling, in your case, is simply untrue.

Several of us are still curious about who told the OP that she could not attend. I'd love to know the answer to that question.

The response the OP received sounds like a typical RCCL response. One cruise, we did not receive our invitation and they told us we could not attend without it.

On Azamara - everyone is welcome to attend. The date, time and location is printed in your daily activity sheet. So - when you arrive in your cabin, you should be able to see when it is. They will welcome you and not question you. Have a great cruise!

On our cruise, the invitations had not arrived from Miami and the time and date were printed in the daily Reflections. So just go, they don't check.