Alaska or Caribbean? Which would you choose?

We looked at Alaska cruises and then decided to fly to Anchorage and take a one day, 26 glacier tour out of Whittier. That was fantastic. We also spent time in Anchorage and drove to Denali for a one day bus ride through the park. You cannot do that so easily in the Caribbean, that's why I take cruises in the Carib.

I LOVE the blue waters and warm temps but hands down the Alaska Cruise was the all-time favorite vacation for my family. We took our kiddos (age 10, 12 & 14 at the time) - it was fantastic! Breathtaking. The Hubbard glacier calved (sp?) when we were there - sounded like thunder - made such an impact on our family as we stood in awe. And the whales - oh my goodness!! Our tour boat was "captured" by a whale for 20 minutes. We ziplined in Juneau - made so many memories.

It is truly unlike anything I have ever seen in my lifetime! So glad I got to go!

It really depends on what you're looking for in a vacation.

I found that Caribbean ports there are a lot more things to do. Snokeling, scuba, jet skiing, white water rafting, ziplining, etc etc etc.

I found Alaskan Ports, there are way more things to see. Also, for the most part, you're entering a land that is very much untouched by man in many ways. Its an incredible experience and there is no way to explain how that makes one feel when they are there.

Really not a fair question at all! :p They are both so very different. We love our fun in the sun cruises- being from Wisconsin and all....but Alaska was just WOW!!! I want to go back to Alaska sometime.

While we have eagles here in Wisconsin, and a nesting pair on our lake. Eagles are like robins in Alaska! The views are breathtaking and go on and on and on. The weather when we went in early June wasn't much different than what we had left in Wisconsin and we enjoyed exploring the ports. It is a more expensive trip to be sure. We did round trip out of Seattle just because of the airfare, where we usually drive to our ports, but if you can swing it do Alaska at least once.

This was the debate for our upcoming honeymoon! While we live in hot sunny south Florida, we will be cruising the Caribbean this May. The excursions for Alaska are just too pricey for us now with a wedding and getting our own place. But Alaska was our first choice! I went there with my parents in 2001 and have been wanting to go back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My husband and I love cruising in the Caribbean, but Alaska is something that you need to do once in your lifetime.

That's our vote too. You really must do Alaska at least once, its truly memorable. But in general, we love the warmth of a Caribbean getaway - and if its in the winter, even prefer SOUTHERN Caribbean so that the beginning and end aren't so cool! :)

We try to do a cruise at least once a year. We just came back from a 7 night South Caribbean cruise on Jewel of the Seas.

Although we have been to Alaska before on Holland America Westerdam a couple of years ago, we are going back May 2015 on the Radiance of the Seas.

BUT, we are celebrating our 40th anniversary and doing the other itinerary on the Jewel of the Seas in February 2015.

There is no comparison on the two different locations. If you want sand and surf, then do any Caribbean itinerary and ship. If you want to experience a natural kind of beauty, and you must, at least once, then do an Inside Passage cruise in Alaska.

We always get a balcony and did for our first Alaska cruise, but didn't use it much except for a few pictures. It was just too cold most of the time. We went all out that trip, but we're doing "inexpensive" wherever we can this trip.

Either way, you will love your float.

Gloria