.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Mr. Hum. Did you believe we would not find you??? Our operatives "cover the waterfront" so to speak. It is time for you to return to familiar surroundings and leave these poor people alone. If not, you know the men with the funny little jacket will be along for you soon. Don't make me come up there......:eek: At least Crystal is covered by Host Dan who is quite familiar with you Mr. Hum.

Hum's full reply will be posted tomorrow !

Let's just say ..... there will be blood !

Haha

(Just banter Host Dan....honest guv).

And so you've been seeing other people too have you !!!

Bet it's not the first time either......you, you lethario you (probably will need the dictionary for that one !).

Haha

Hum's full reply will be posted tomorrow !

Let's just say ..... there will be blood !

Haha

(Just banter Host Dan....honest guv).

And so you've been seeing other people too have you !!!

Bet it's not the first time either......you, you lethario you (probably will need the dictionary for that one !).

Haha

Jim is a socially responsible sort so feels that the unsuspecting decent folk over at the Crystal Board need some indoctrination if Hum is to invade their spaces. We here at SeaDream are a hardy lot and have put up with many strange things so can feel comfortable around Your Eminence. I fear Crystal shares will not stand up to the onslaught from the Posh Part. Especially since they are spending all that loot on new ships, airplanes, riverboats, psychiatrists, etc. SeaDream are not spending on any of that so naturally is a better environment for certain passengers.:eek:

Jim is a socially responsible sort so feels that the unsuspecting decent folk over at the Crystal Board need some indoctrination if Hum is to invade their spaces. We here at SeaDream are a hardy lot and have put up with many strange things so can feel comfortable around Your Eminence. I fear Crystal shares will not stand up to the onslaught from the Posh Part. Especially since they are spending all that loot on new ships, airplanes, riverboats, psychiatrists, etc. SeaDream are not spending on any of that so naturally is a better environment for certain passengers.:eek:

"Socially responsible" !!!!

Haha

Provided you are armed !

Jim, you know Hum is more family bistro than swanky restaurant, more vin de pays in a tumbler than "cult wines" in a crystal glass, appreciates humble honesty than those that "put on airs", loves those that love rather than the "tippy toe", meek.

And so we will see.

SD has a beautiful vessel and an amazing crew. The fellow guests are mostly a good bunch. What else do you need ? No really.

Espirit will be interesting........do you think it's for Hum ?

What amazes Hum is there is just no reviews. Yes it's early days but there seems so little interest from Crystal people. SD people are fascinated.

Have you ever done Crystal, Jim ?

That Necker Island itinerary sounds good...

Thanks fpebbles, Hum thought so too.

Captain Terje came over to see us from SD and the Nekker guests there loved him and were interested in the idea of sailing SD too.

That was the time we went by pristine white zodiacs to SD with Richard Branson, his wife and Hotel Manager from Nekker when he was thinking of chartering the boat for his daughter, Holly's wedding guests.

"Socially responsible" !!!!

Haha

Provided you are armed !

Jim, you know Hum is more family bistro than swanky restaurant, more vin de pays in a tumbler than "cult wines" in a crystal glass, appreciates humble honesty than those that "put on airs", loves those that love rather than the "tippy toe", meek.

And so we will see.

SD has a beautiful vessel and an amazing crew. The fellow guests are mostly a good bunch. What else do you need ? No really.

Espirit will be interesting........do you think it's for Hum ?

What amazes Hum is there is just no reviews. Yes it's early days but there seems so little interest from Crystal people. SD people are fascinated.

Have you ever done Crystal, Jim ?

Not yet. Have looked at them several times but for one reason or another ended up elsewhere. Looking forward to your take on Esprit. Esprit is not on our list where they currently show voyages as it is just too much flying from the Wild West.

Not yet. Have looked at them several times but for one reason or another ended up elsewhere. Looking forward to your take on Esprit. Esprit is not on our list where they currently show voyages as it is just too much flying from the Wild West.

Fully understandable but remember old chum...Ho Hum Castle is always open if you need a mid-break.

But air costs render it really expensive too.

Oh, but if it gets too hot for you in Arizona in the summer....then you are always very welcome here.

Could even arrange some shooting for you......how do "clays" sound ?

Thanks for the email.....very interesting.

Oh and thanks for your words of support.....over there.

Surprised by the lack of review on the Espirit.

Well as you all know Hum met up with a few heroes of his on the last voyage on SD.

Oh and we all got on so well.

Hum loved their fun and their humanity and boy, do they have a lot of experience.

The ladies, Zimmy, Vanderfalk, Lois and Blondie stole the show naturally.

Recently Hum swopped a few of the photos with them and Hum was thinking, would you like to see them too.

Of course you would.......seeing it's a quiet day on the forum and all.

First, let Hum introduce you to Mr.Zimmy.

This (the photo below) gives you all the sense of Mr.Z as you can imagine.

A fully present guy, with a very quick mind but coooool too.

He is extremely funny and smart....way too smart for dumb Hum.

The shape of the man, the persona, he is "Trapper" (MASH)...Elliott Gould.

image.jpg1_zpso7c49ung.jpg

Next: Lord V !

Please send your blackmail deposit to Hum's Swiss bank account by noon today for a glowing image otherwise........

First, let Hum introduce you to Mr.Zimmy.

This (the photo below) gives you all the sense of Mr.Z as you can imagine.

A fully present guy, with a very quick mind but coooool too.

He is extremely funny and smart....way too smart for dumb Hum.

The shape of the man, the persona, he is "Trapper" (MASH)...Elliott Gould.

image.jpg1_zpso7c49ung.jpg

Actually, Hum, a few years ago (well, maybe 40), you wouldn't have got it all wrong. Certainly the hair and mustache look very similar to a lot of old photos we have from that era.

Right now DH is down in New Orleans, probably eating and drinking his way through his American Bar Association meeting. When he returns tonight he will get quite a laugh out of this, and I'm sure you'll hear from him.

I am just holding down the fort in Chicago and feeling grateful right now that we don't live in DC. Praying for everyone's safety there, and all along the east coast.

Actually, Hum, a few years ago (well, maybe 40), you wouldn't have got it all wrong. Certainly the hair and mustache look very similar to a lot of old photos we have from that era.

Right now DH is down in New Orleans, probably eating and drinking his way through his American Bar Association meeting. When he returns tonight he will get quite a laugh out of this, and I'm sure you'll hear from him.

I am just holding down the fort in Chicago and feeling grateful right now that we don't live in DC. Praying for everyone's safety there, and all along the east coast.

Hum & Blondie's prayers too for those effected by the weather on the East coast.

Hoping our SD chums all made it to SD today for boarding (even ol' Cabbie....indeed).

One small point Zimmy.

You accidentally added a "0" when you really meant your wonderful man looked exactly like "Trapper" 4 years ago. Easy mistake. No don't mention it.

Next: Lord V !

Please send your blackmail deposit to Hum's Swiss bank account by noon today for a glowing image otherwise

I assume wire transfer is acceptable? :D:D

Actually, can't wait to see what you come up with for Lord V -- you did so well with Mr. Zimmy!

So glad we don't live in DC anymore! Hope everyone stays home!

Vandrefalk (Lady V)

Following an email notifying Hum that funds have been deposited into Hum's Swiss account, it reminds Hum to introduce you to Lord V.

A tall, slim, no nonsense, kinda guy.

If there's nought much to say........then he simply wont say it for the sake of saying something. Yes dignified.

All his career was in the military.

When Hum heard that, Hum noticeably stood up straighter and distanced himself from the over-ornate Pina Colada that was sitting on the bar and asked the barman for something more manly that would not appall him: "a regular beer, please sir".

Oh yes Hum felt intimidated, that's for sure.

What is more important ? Defending democratic values or designing private houses for the well off ?

You take Hum's point.

A little later Hum began to be less daunted by this dignified man's aura.

Jim kept on saying "if only Raggy was here"....,he would have loved meeting Lord V.

Sadly his expertise was wasted on Hum, as regards the detail of his career but not so his charming presence.

And so who best describes and looks similar to Lord V ?

Well that's easy.........

....it has to be Clint from that film Gran Torrino.....great film by the way.

image.jpg1_zpsfvrrjwjb.jpg

Next: Lois

Whilst Hum is not one for tittle-tattle as you well know.

His middle name being "discretion" but his first name being "BLABBER MOUTH" !!

Well a little birds, told another little birds and so on that there is POSSIBLY a (kinda) new Hotel Manager onboard SDI.

"Kinda" because he was once on before.

Name beginning with "P"...

Would the good people currently on SDI including ol' Cabbie kindly confirm who is the Hotel Manager there....cos Hum heard it's Peter !

All information will NOT be treated in the strictest of confidence.

Whilst Hum is not one for tittle-tattle as you well know.

His middle name being "discretion" but his first name being "BLABBER MOUTH" !!

Well a little birds, told another little birds and so on that there is POSSIBLY a (kinda) new Hotel Manager onboard SDI.

"Kinda" because he was once on before.

Name beginning with "P"...

Would the good people currently on SDI including ol' Cabbie kindly confirm who is the Hotel Manager there....cos Hum heard it's Peter !

All information will NOT be treated in the strictest of confidence.

HoHum, Peter!? What happened to Ennice!? We are booked for Seadream 1 in July and we were looking forward to seeing him again!:confused:

HoHum, Peter!? What happened to Ennice!? We are booked for Seadream 1 in July and we were looking forward to seeing him again!:confused:

Oh Kathy...you are obviously not keeping up with the "jottings" !

Enis sadly left around the New Year.

It was a blow to many including Hum who has followed his career from waiter, "going steady" with the Activities Lady (no smirking now) whom Hum also adored, then m d', father and soon to be father again.

Yes he will be very much missed though we are still in contact.

Hum knows that this blow will be somewhat offset by the (yet to be confirmed fully) possible appointment of Peter.

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news.

Thank you for the very kind "review," Mr. Hum. Obviously, you brought out the best in me.

This is the picture from 4 (40) years ago that Zimmy was referring to. I was Elliot Gould's stunt double in several movies.

467393624_Mr.Zimmy.jpg.f38ebe726ad23fe781e09429f5b3ea96.jpg

Oh Kathy...you are obviously not keeping up with the "jottings" !

Enis sadly left around the New Year.

It was a blow to many including Hum who has followed his career from waiter, "going steady" with the Activities Lady (no smirking now) whom Hum also adored, then m d', father and soon to be father again.

Yes he will be very much missed though we are still in contact.

Hum knows that this blow will be somewhat offset by the (yet to be confirmed fully) possible appointment of Peter.

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news.

HoHum, sorry I missed this info on Enis. This is sad news! What a sweetheart and Gentleman he is. I know he will be amazing at whatever he chooses to do in the next chapter in his life. Please give him our regards!

Tired of dealing with the "nincompoops" on Idle Chat, Ho has taken his

journalistic prowess (can't be more generous) to the boards of Crystal ...with a mixed reception.

Those Crystalites have a questionable sense of humour and little

patience with the banter Hum has honed in his published drivels

here. But we are a tolerant lot so pleeeeeeze come home where

your audience waits eagerly for your every post, to the continuing

amazement of the masses.

"Mixed reception" ?

Would you care to re-visit the forum.

You will discover that the sole malicious poster is now "sleeping with the fishes" !

The scurrilous post was "pulled".

Hum is simply seeking advice on the Crystal Espirit.......to date it has been disappointing but the chaps there have been very accepting of a "newbie" and have accepted the "style".

Honestly, there is little information. Early days Hum knows but there seems more interest on SD site than Crystal. Hum guesses that the Crystal crowd are more big ship people, so why would they really be interested. Crystal is trying to poach from....well SD !

But home is home and good old Host Dan "cuts Hum a lot of slack" here.

And just what were you doing offering Kathy advice in mounting an avatar correctly ?

And no it is not rude (mounting an avatar).

And Hum now sees you taking credit for complex technical advice !!

Ha

From the man who wears slip ons !! (Cos tying shoe laces are too complex).

Kathy please check anything this man advised you. Knowing him you are probably linked up to Canada's whole missile guidance system in case of invasion from the south !

Open up "..idle jottings" and you could wipe out Billings, Montana !!

And what's that smoke doming from the back of your computer ?

Instructions from a man that drove himself, Hum, Blondie and Abenaki the wrong way down a one way street !!

Hum accepts you get cranky this time of year Commander........(tween January to December !!).

Haha

What's the weather like in the "settlement" ?

Getting much use of the generator ?

By the way old chap. The "Gettin' to SD" work was in your honour after you complained about pists being too short.

And just where was the thanks ?

Nada. Nothing. Zilch.

Instead Hum was lead into an extortion racket by "Tricky Commander Courageous the Con" claiming for work on BBC filming that you simply did not provide.

Maybe you would like to be "sleeping with the fishes" too ?

Sorry dear Hum, Canada doesn't have a missle defense system or guns.

Far too expensive and who would want to harm such warm and God

fearing souls. So you see my help to Kathy was based on my highly

honed technical skills which I dispense freely to those in need.

Now, as to your kind inquiry about life in the "settlements", we have

had a relatively mild winter to date and were not affected by the

storm that just pelted the northeast. Other than the weekly "test",

the generator has been silent, saving on the cost of propane.

I am off for an MRI this morning on my ailing shoulder (insert tears

here). As you will recall, this has been lingering since the fall when

I walked off the golf course in excruciating pain. Hopefully with

cortisone and therapy, I'll be shooting par again by spring.

Look forward to shipboard chats in February.

Oh, my! HH, you were spot on with Mr. Zimmy! And Lord V is most humbly appreciative of your kind words :) Of course, now he is wandering around the house muttering "Make My Day" (I know, wrong movie) or some such drivel. :D

By Peter, do you mean Mr. Rima?? I thought he was in Oslo? Or is there another Peter I've managed to not meet through the years?

Vandrefalk

Thank you for the very kind "review," Mr. Hum. Obviously, you brought out the best in me.

This is the picture from 4 (40) years ago that Zimmy was referring to. I was Elliot Gould's stunt double in several movies.

Bingo ! What a match !

Haha

Sorry dear Hum, Canada doesn't have a missle defense system or guns.

Far too expensive and who would want to harm such warm and God

fearing souls. So you see my help to Kathy was based on my highly

honed technical skills which I dispense freely to those in need.

Now, as to your kind inquiry about life in the "settlements", we have

had a relatively mild winter to date and were not affected by the

storm that just pelted the northeast. Other than the weekly "test",

the generator has been silent, saving on the cost of propane.

I am off for an MRI this morning on my ailing shoulder (insert tears

here). As you will recall, this has been lingering since the fall when

I walked off the golf course in excruciating pain. Hopefully with

cortisone and therapy, I'll be shooting par again by spring.

Look forward to shipboard chats in February.

Best of luck dear chap.