Solarium on the Brillance

Can anyone tell me more about the Solarium? Is there a bar or food available in it? Is it typically very crowded? Is it totally under cover?

Thanks for whatever info you have!

There is a bar and the food venue is called Park Cafe. The Solarium has a retractable glass roof which is usually closed.

Edited by clarea

That so-called "retractable" roof is the worst part of this class ship. It's rarely, if ever, opened, making tanning there impossible. Therefore, adults who wish to sit in the sun are sort of forced into the noisier and crowded areas of the pool deck...you can go up a deck or two, but it's not quite the same as having the "adult" are to use.

I think the crowds depends on your itinerary. If you are in the warm sunshine, many people would probably choose to sunbathe outside since the roof makes it enclosed. I would think that it would be sparsely crowded (but I don't know for sure).

However, on our Brilliance cruise through Norway, the solarium was PACKED at ALL times because the air outside was much too cold to really swim, and definitely too cold to lay out in a bathing suit. They gave up trying to keep kids out because parents were extremely pushy because their kids couldn't swim in the outside pools due to the cold.

Can anyone tell me more about the Solarium? Is there a bar or food available in it? Is it typically very crowded? Is it totally under cover?

Thanks for whatever info you have!

This may or may not be common knowledge: Depending on your sailing itinerary (I am way too lazy to figure that out) i.e. Cold vs Warm climate, you will see this area utilized much more than the outside pools. Although it is referred to as an 'adults only area', in some cases (if it is a cold climate cruise) they will allow kiddos in to get their wings wet. Also, sea days will often bring more of a crowd.

We enjoyed the Brilliance Solarium on our Baltic Cruise last May.

Enjoy your cruise! She is a beautiful ship.