Private cab for Bermuda exploration

smooth_sailin

My DH and I are birders/cruisers visiting Bermuda for the first time on Oct. 25. We will be docking in Kings Wharf and are interested in visiting Spittal Pond, about 1/2 hour from the pier. I'm sure cabs are available at the dock, but will a cab be available at our destination to take us back to the ship?

As an alternative, are car rentals available near the pier?

Thanks in advance for any good info!

Dena

My DH and I are birders/cruisers visiting Bermuda for the first time on Oct. 25. We will be docking in Kings Wharf and are interested in visiting Spittal Pond, about 1/2 hour from the pier. I'm sure cabs are available at the dock, but will a cab be available at our destination to take us back to the ship? As an alternative, are car rentals available near the pier? Thanks in advance for any good info!

Tourists are not permitted to rent cars in Bermuda, only 50cc scooters.

The taxi drivers are flexible and accommodating, if you request to be picked up at a certain time I'm sure they would do it for you.

My DH and I are birders/cruisers visiting Bermuda for the first time on Oct. 25. We will be docking in Kings Wharf and are interested in visiting Spittal Pond, about 1/2 hour from the pier. I'm sure cabs are available at the dock, but will a cab be available at our destination to take us back to the ship?

As an alternative, are car rentals available near the pier?

Thanks in advance for any good info!

Dena

Spittal Pond is a more than ½ hour from where you are docked. SP is located about 20 minutes from Hamilton and Hamilton is located a 20 minute ferry ride from where you dock.

Have you considered a bus? SP is served by bus routes #1 & #3 which run in combo every 15 minutes on weekdays.

There is a printable map of Bermuda here. SP is located just to the right of the word ZONE 5 in the lower middle of the map.

SBtS