In your opinion, Is Platinum worth it?

hllwdcruiser

The internet minutes are great because it takes a lot of minutes due to the internet lack of speed. Priority embarkation is a plus, but I think we enjoy having the special lounge set up for us during disembarkation with the coffee, juice and Danish rolls.

We have always received a discount on whatever drinks we have in Skywalkers from 5pm to 7pm. We always have what we like not the drink of the day. Most nights i don't care for the drink that is listed and have a beer which has always been discounted. DW will have a fruity drink usually of some kind and it is discounted also. Not sure if it varies depending on the ship or staff. We would still go as it is relaxing up there and a nice place for a before dinner drink.

Lounge with the food is usually open from 5 PM to 7 PM but could vary a little by ship. There should be a card in your cabin on embarkation day giving the hours, the location, the days it is held, the special food of the day and the drink of the day.

Only the drinks of the day listed on that card are $5. All other drinks are regular price.

Also, no discount for coffee card or UKP sticker for Platinium or Elite.

• 2 weeks later...
I am going to say yes. I really like the Platinum perks. You get 150 minutes of internet time for a 7 day cruise - this is more than I ever need. The nightly canapes and discounted drinks in the Platinum lounge are a nice touch. I also really like the preferred embarkation - it is great to be able to bypass the lines and get on the ship early. No line ups for food - you can get your embarkation drink and check out the pools while everything is still almost empty. Also like the debarkation lounge. It's almost civilized to be able to wait here. There is complimentary coffee, tea, water and snacks.

Hi,

What does "discounted" mean in this regard? Happy hour - or something else?

Screwcork

Hi,

What does "discounted" mean in this regard? Happy hour - or something else?

Screwcork

There is a drink of the day at $5.

Usually you can order any of the drinks of the day from another day at that price also.

There is a drink of the day at $5.

Usually you can order any of the drinks of the day from another day at that price also.

FYI: Also, make sure that you are ordering the "Platinum lounge drink of the day" and not the ship's "featured drink of the day" which is more expensive. Our first time ordering the "drink of the day" during Platinum happy hour the server, who was new, brought us the ship's drink of the day. Not what we wanted.

And to the OP, yes, Platinum is worth it if you will enjoy the short cruise that you are thinking of doing to get to Platinum (and who doesn't enjoy another cruise??:cool:).

Edited by ar1950

The interned minutes are great. We never use our minutes up as we both get the 150.

We haven't gone to the appetizer / drink hour for platinum/ elite. We might have to check it out. Do they allow guests? We have another person traveling with us that isn't plat

Platinum/Elite Lounge is for Platinum/Elite passengers. If they allowed everyone to bring guests there would not be enough seating. As it is, there are already some times when there are too many people and not enough seats. That said, I don't recall them ever carding people.