Sail Away in the cold

What are Sail Aways like when the weather is cold? I am sailing on the Explorer out of Bayonne on March 21st and have never left in cold weather. Do they still do something on deck or is it on the Promenade or in a lounge? Hopefully Mother Nature will be in good spirits and we will have temps in the 60's or 70's.

Thanks,

Doris

We left on the Explorer in Feb twice. One time we braved it outside in the cold and there were quite a few people there. We went outside because we were w/ a couple who had never done a sail away before. The second time,we went up to the Viking Crown Lounge and we were toasty,had a beverage and watched sail away from a table right next to the window. The Explorer did have a band playing outside but I am not sure if that happens all the time. Both times we left it was sunny and about 38-40 degrees.

Make a decision on the spot when you see the actual weather, end of March should be in the 40's!

If the weather is really bad the band will be in the Promenade instead of at the pool. Unfortunately you can't see the water from the Promenade but if it is ugly outside, it may be better to be where you can't see outside.

Edited by lakelorain

Guest maddycat
What are Sail Aways like when the weather is cold? I am sailing on the Explorer out of Bayonne on March 21st and have never left in cold weather. Do they still do something on deck or is it on the Promenade or in a lounge? Hopefully Mother Nature will be in good spirits and we will have temps in the 60's or 70's.

Thanks,

Doris

Keep dreaming.

We have sailed out of Bayonne 4X - once in March - 3X in December - in March we were able to stay up on deck - it was actually quite pleasant - the pool bar was open and we did get to meet some nice people up there - there was no "entertainment" however. Each time in December we were up in Dizzys and we enjoyed the view but no party atmosphere - don't know what was going on in Promenade. I would think there was music going on down there - however from the Promenade there is no view.