Additional Shore Excursions?

irishayes

From experience, does Celebrity normally offer additional shore excursions to the ones listed online, once you are on board?

For example, my husband and I REALLY want to do a Tuscan winery tour where we visit a couple of wineries in the Tuscan countryside, but there is nothing like this on our cruise's listed excursions.

Just wondered if they add any more once you are on board?

We have looked at some of the independent winery excursions, but can't seem to find anyone on our roll call who is interested in joining us, and the private tours are VERY expensive.

In my experience I have never seen extra group excursions added once on board. The concierge can arrange private excursions but expect them to be very pricey. Your lowest cost option will probably be to join up with others on your Roll Call so all you can do is hope that others might register on the Roll Call and maybe you can talk someone else into it.

Edited by cruisestitch

From experience, does Celebrity normally offer additional shore excursions to the ones listed online, once you are on board? For example, my husband and I REALLY want to do a Tuscan winery tour where we visit a couple of wineries in the Tuscan countryside, but there is nothing like this on our cruise's listed excursions. Just wondered if they add any more once you are on board? We have looked at some of the independent winery excursions, but can't seem to find anyone on our roll call who is interested in joining us, and the private tours are VERY expensive.

Just got back from last month on the Solstice doing Australia-New Zealand during our 14-day cruise. What the ship offers is pretty much going to be "IT". Never remember any late adds, new potentials. As noted below, we did the Med and Italy in June 2011. Check out a company called Rome in Limo. Tell them Terry from Ohio said HI! They do some "matching up" of folks with others that can work out better and faster than trying to do it through your ship roll call. We used them for two different tours in Italy and it was a SUPER experience. Check out my below live/blog for other ideas, tips, options. Lots of great pictures.

Added questions, needs? Tuscany is wonderful with so many great options. Could spend a whole week there. We've done lots all over Italy.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 163,713 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474