Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer - Celebrity

Texasopa

Do you think this is one of those excursions that is so popular it will fill up quickly and should be booked now. (Sailing May 16th) Will it be too late to book it once onboard?
As I have been reading about this excursion on various threads, I have learned that Tracy Arm Fjord is not always accessible in May due to too much ice in the water. I would guess that will be a fairly likely condition when visiting early in the Alaska cruise season. In that case, this excursion takes you to an alternate location (Endicott Arm).

Before laying down a lot of money on an expensive excursion like this, I would recommend more research on the likelihood of Tracy Arm Fjord being inaccessible. I would also research whether touring Endicott Arm is a destination worthy of this much money (I don't know myself).

More info here from the tour operator: http://www.allenmarinetours.com/sightseeing/juneau/tours/glacier-fjord/

Tromvest, I am also on the May 16 Solstice sailing and very much want to do this excursion to see Sawyer Glacier and more wildlife possibilities from a closer view. Please keep us posted with anything you find out. Thanks,

fellow Texan :)

PS Thanks to Gblotter for the link to the excursion company. Endicott looks good to me too as an alternative :)

Edited by Texas_cherbear