Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer - Celebrity

Texasopa

Cruising on the Celebrity Solstice in August. Just wondering if anyone has taken the Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer - Celebrity.

If so what can we expect, does it take you back to the ship or to Juneau?

Thank you, this is our 1st cruise and we're planning the excursions.

Cruising on the Celebrity Solstice in August. Just wondering if anyone has taken the Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer - Celebrity.

If so what can we expect, does it take you back to the ship or to Juneau?

Thank you, this is our 1st cruise and we're planning the excursions.

Yep, a lot of people have taken this add on. Allen Marine is the vendor, who does a great job.

What does your itinerary say? What are the hours of Juneau? IF you have a morning port time, you will board the boat tour in Juneau and reboard the ship, direct in Tracy Arm.

The STICKY above called '2013 alaska cruise review list' includes a number of Celebrity cruises. Go to pg 3, reply #45 where the reports are sorted by cruiseline. You'll find detailed trip reports that include first-hand info on excursions, vendors, etc. And some wonderful photos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1879117&page=3

FWIW I did this similar excursion in Princess a few years ago. Dismebarked from the ship very early in the morning 7am, cruised into the fjord ahead of the ship.

it was a very nice prospective getting low views, close to the cliffs and waterfalls and closer to the ice and glacier then the ship. It is a long excursion / sailing back to Juneau. At least for us we there was the highlight of seeing signficant extra wild life ( bears x 2, and whales x 2) YMMV.

If this is the only glacier experience I think well worth doing and missing a good ship breakfast/lunch.

Hi Texasopa

We will be on the same cruise as you, and my husband and I are definitely planning to do this tour. It is expensive ( just over $200 pp)but worthwhile from what I have read. My understanding is that we will meet the smaller boat in Tracy Arm Fjord maybe around 8 am. The description of the excursion is as follows on celebrity website-

Glacier Explorer - Celebrity Solstice JU94

Juneau, Alaska

After disembarking Celebrity Solstice while making a viewing stop near the Sawyer Glaciers, travel in comfort aboard a deluxe waterjet-powered catamaran to experience the very best of the Tracy Arm Wilderness Area, including glacier-carved cliffs, spectacular waterfalls & exciting close-up views of the majestic Sawyer Glaciers. You'll also have opportunities to view & photograph the area's abundant wildlife. Wear comfortable walking shoes & bring a warm rainproof jacket. The catamaran is equipped with comfortable inside seating for all participants, galley & restroom. Written translations of tour information are available in Spanish, German, French, Russian, and Mandarin-Chinese & Japanese. Less Details Activity Type: Sightseeing, Wilderness Activity Level: Mild Duration: 5 hours 0 minute Restrictions:N/A Departure Time:

August 25, 2014 8:00

Please feel free to come and join us on the roll call for this cruise :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1809707

Where on the celebrity website did you find this tour and description? We are sailing on May 16th on the Solstice and can not find it on the list of shore excursions for our saildate?

Thanks for your help.

Julie

Where on the celebrity website did you find this tour and description? We are sailing on May 16th on the Solstice and can not find it on the list of shore excursions for our saildate?

Thanks for your help.

Julie

It is excursion #JU94 in our list.

I just checked again by logging on to my celebrity account and looked through all of the excursions and its not listed for my May 16th cruise. I guess I need to call Celebrity and speak to someone. Not sure they will know anything as I haven't had much luck with Celebrity customer service.

I appreciate your help and hopefully I will get an answer from Celebrity

I just spoke to someone in Shore Excursions and was told that they have not loaded that particular excursion in yet for my sailing and to check back in about 2 weeks. I'm not sure I believe I'm getting accurate information as you are sailing in August and it's available to you and I'm sailing in May and they havent loaded it in yet?!?! I guess I will just wait and see.

I just checked again by logging on to my celebrity account and looked through all of the excursions and its not listed for my May 16th cruise. I guess I need to call Celebrity and speak to someone. Not sure they will know anything as I haven't had much luck with Celebrity customer service.

I appreciate your help and hopefully I will get an answer from Celebrity

I was going by the brochure, as I haven't booked my excursions yet. But I just went to My Celebrity Account and it IS listed in the excursions. It is listed with the Juneau excursions.

I actually emailed the vendor of this excursion directly and asked them if they would be offering this tour on my sailing. They told me "yes" and that my sailing is the very first sailing that they are offering the excursion for the Solstice this year. They also said that I should contact Celebrity directly which I did. I wondered also if maybe the fact that we are sailing in May that it wouldn't be available yet but according to the vendor that is not the case. I did double check all of the excursions listed in Juneau and Tracy Arm and its not listed.

PS I think the small boat excursion will return us to the Solstice docked at Juneau around 1 pm

FYI - Many of the Solstice stops in Juneau have been changed to Tendering even though they said Docked before.

We're in Juneau at 1:30 and i believe people are given a choice to get back on the ship or in Juneau.

If you're tendering than getting off in Juneau might be better since you won't have been able to get tender tickets.

I did not see this tour listed on our shore excursions list either. We are on the Millenium in June and in Juneau from 9am to 9pm, so I figured this one should be listed. I'll keep checking.

Thanks for your help.

Julie

I could be wrong but I believe if you are sailing on the Millenium in June you will visit Hubbard Glacier and not Tracy Arm?

The tour I am referring too is now available, as of late last week, for my May 16th sailing on the Solstice. It is listed in the tours for Juneau. We will pick this tour up sailing into Tracy Arm and then when it concludes we will be dropped off in Juneau where our ship will be docked.

I was going by the brochure, as I haven't booked my excursions yet. But I just went to My Celebrity Account and it IS listed in the excursions. It is listed with the Juneau excursions.
Thanks for the recommendation. We just booked this awesome excursion, and I can't wait! This is why I love cruisecritic.

Reminder: For those looking to book this excursion, you will find it under Juneau excursions - not Tracy Arm Fjord excursions (as noted above).