Carnival Price Drop...

Shyhova

Just a quick price drop story wanted to share with the community.....

So we have been anxiously looking for price drops for our Apr. 5 Victory cruise to no avail since November, and lo and behold we finally (albeit modest) got one today. We already feel that cruising is a great value anyway but any bit helps right?:p So after reading different posts since joining C.C I was a bit anxious to see how the process works....with the forms to fill out and the waiting etc....

But my experience really was not an experience at all....in a good way. I called...talked to the first person who picked up...gave her my booking number, and she applied the credit...simple as that. 1 1/2 minutes tops....Hats off to Carnival for the great customer service :)

Yep, picking up the phone for getting a price drop is certainly the easiest way to handle it. Glad it worked out for you and enjoy your cruise in a few weeks.

Steve

Thanks....I cant wait. Yea, I was surprised how painless it was.

I will be anxiously awaiting your review when you get back:D:D

Absolutely LOVED your Fantasy review!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Maaaaaannnn look hea nah...lol. So the plan is to blog from the day before flight, to the day before cruise in Miami....where we gonna do a bar crawl night before embark....so let's pray that I ACTUALLY make it on board on the 5th, and don't get in a bar fight with a gang of Cubans on South Beach and end up in jail lol...

We're sailing in November on the Valor and not one price drop for an aft balcony

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well you still have time NOSaints...I'd like todo an aft balcony but it'd never happen...my GF insists on being midship, regardless....

This was our first drop, and you see it happened 3 weeks before cruise.....

Maaaaaannnn look hea nah...lol. So the plan is to blog from the day before flight, to the day before cruise in Miami....where we gonna do a bar crawl night before embark....so let's pray that I ACTUALLY make it on board on the 5th, and don't get in a bar fight with a gang of Cubans on South Beach and end up in jail lol...

Yep, I HATE when that happens! :rolleyes: Just have a GREAT time, and be careful. I look forward to hearing all about the cruise. Already know all about the Miami jail! :eek: Nope, not what you're thinking. I used to work at the Broward County Sheriffs Department. :cool:

"SKY"

Yep, I HATE when that happens! :rolleyes: Just have a GREAT time, and be careful. I look forward to hearing all about the cruise. Already know all about the Miami jail! :eek: Nope, not what you're thinking. I used to work at the Broward County Sheriffs Department. :cool:

"SKY"

Haha....yea I kid...I've never been in trouble a day of my life lol. But I do plan on painting Miami red before cruise!!!

I am also looking forward to your review. :) Don't forget to pack the caution pants!

LOL....I'm going to have to sneak them in my bag Michell...you'll see if they make it to Miami or not :)

OMG! I can't wait for your review. I still laugh when I remember your first review.

What's your itinerary?

Thanks!!! I can't wait to do it....We are sailing to Jamaica and Grand Cayman :)

What I do is go to the Carnival website and work through booking the same cruise all the way to selecting a similar cabin. If the rate is lower, then you can request a rate drop. Since you've used a TA, you will need to work the rate drop request through them.

Steve

I am a frequent cruiser who usually uses a TA. Never saw or received a price drop. How and where do I look?

I just goto carnival.com and search for my cruise as if I haven't booked it already....check the rate for a room similar to mines, and if its lower than what I paid, it should qualify as a drop...

I'm also sailing on April 5th on the Paradise out of Tampa. I keep checking for price drops, but when I booked early saver it was so low to begin with that I don't think i'm going to get any : (

Keep the faith Angel!!!:)