Where to park in New Orleans

acs2653

We are leaving for our cruise from New Orleans. We are flying in to New Orleans and want to park our car in a cheap lot. The airport charges 10 dollars for 24hrs. We will have to pay it while at the wedding but we wanted to park somewhere cheaper and close to the port for the cruise. Any help would be appreciated.

We are leaving for our cruise from New Orleans. We are flying in to New Orleans and want to park our car in a cheap lot. The airport charges 10 dollars for 24hrs. We will have to pay it while at the wedding but we wanted to park somewhere cheaper and close to the port for the cruise. Any help would be appreciated.

$10 a day IS cheap...

I am also confused. If you are flying into New Orleans then what car are you needing to park. If it is a rental to get you around prior to the cruise, why pay for the rental plus parking when you are on the cruise? Just return the rental and then get another one post cruise.

ChittyAfterSOL_468x303.jpg

lmao~ good one!

I am also confused. If you are flying into New Orleans then what car are you needing to park. If it is a rental to get you around prior to the cruise, why pay for the rental plus parking when you are on the cruise? Just return the rental and then get another one post cruise.

Glad I'm not alone in being confused by this question ;) ~ my thoughts exactly!

Sorry I hit the wrong button. I'm stationed at Fort Polk and driving to the airport in New Orleans so we can fly to Missouri to get married. ( family couldn't make the trip to LA) We are then going to fly back to New Orleans to leave for the cruise. That is how the car will be there. I am tracking that there is a cruise shuttle from the airport or am I wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You'd have to define "cruise shuttle."

The cruise lines usually have shuttles but they cost $$$. not sure about NCL since we've never used theirs. There are shuttles that go to hotels, they aren't cheap either. Taxi is $33 for two people.

We always park at Fulton Place. In the past I've always paid $12 a day (in advance) but this last time when I went to their site, it kept saying to pay upon arrival. I finally gave up and just paid the $84 when we pulled in.

However, we met a couple who - like us - park there every time and like us, always paid in advance. I don't know how they managed it but they went to another site (they said Fulton Place was evidently bought out by a parking conglomorate), paid in advance for January's cruise and they were charged $10 a day for doing so.

I will try to figure it out next time! I've heard about the $8 roof top parking. It's never offered/mentioned as you pull in, nor is it on any sign. Do you have to specifically ask for it? Just curious as I'm not sure I'd pick it over covered parking.

The only place I've seen the roof top parking mentioned was on the Airport Parking Reservation site and New Orleans Parking site. I think we use used the New Orleans Parking to pay in advance.

I don't have covered parking at home, so it is not an issue for me to do the roof top parking. We took our bags down in the elevator after we parked. At pickup, you just take the shuttle to the parking garage and they unload all the bags there. One person goes up to get the car, and the rest of the party waits with the bags.

We always take a taxi. Not much difference in price from the shuttles and you don't have to go to who knows how many other hotels before you get to yours.

The $33 is a fixed price, a meter doesn't come into play.

The lowest price we found was at neworleansparking.com which will give you a few options for the Fulton Garage, we did this last year. If you do the Roof Top parking and pay in advance, a week would be $67.72, includes all taxes & fees. Its a safe and secure garage.

When you pull up to the entry, just show them your self printed reciept which shows its pre-paid, and you are all set to enter and park.

This includes a free shuttle to and from the port. It goes very quickly.

When you return to get your car, you will need the entry ticket they gave you when you entered, to exit the garage at the automated machine. You will forget this a week later, so keep it with your car keys.

;)

We always park at Fulton Place. In the past I've always paid $12 a day (in advance) but this last time when I went to their site, it kept saying to pay upon arrival. I finally gave up and just paid the $84 when we pulled in.

However, we met a couple who - like us - park there every time and like us, always paid in advance. I don't know how they managed it but they went to another site (they said Fulton Place was evidently bought out by a parking conglomorate), paid in advance for January's cruise and they were charged $10 a day for doing so.

I will try to figure it out next time! I've heard about the $8 roof top parking. It's never offered/mentioned as you pull in, nor is it on any sign. Do you have to specifically ask for it? Just curious as I'm not sure I'd pick it over covered parking.

We did the rooftop parking in December. We were told to park on 6, 7, and 8. Which was inside after all. Cost 8 per day. Fast drop off and pickup. No more whale lot. One caveat. Do not use internet explorer to make your online reservation. It won't go they. Use Firefox or chrome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been parking at Fulton for years. The $10 a day turns into the normal drive up rate with taxes, fees etc on-line so there really is no advantage to booking early. Well perhaps if you feel the effort is worth .60 cents.

This is what sample early booking looked like,

Pay Online = $83.40

$70.00 + $5.00 service fee

+ $8.40 tax

Due at Lot = $0.00

Total Amount = $83.40