excursion in port canaveral

Amink

sorry, I feel like I am bombing the board

we are looking at a sailing on the pride from baltimore. One of the ports is Port Canaveral.

are there any excursion to the space thing?

My hubby is very excited about touring that, and this will probably be the only way we get there.

That "space thing" is known as the Kennedy Space Center. And if he is interested in the US Space Program and has never been, you should go. When you dock at Port Canaveral, on a clear day you can see the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) north of the port.

Steve

That "space thing" is known as the Kennedy Space Center. And if he is interested in the US Space Program and has never been, you should go. When you dock at Port Canaveral, on a clear day you can see the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) north of the port.

Steve

ah yes! I knew it had name! lol thank you! I will look. I have been looking around the carnival website, but I'm finding it not too intuitive. I'll do more looking

I'm going on the Pride soon and it stops in Port Canaveral. I looked at the excursions, they currently have two to Kennedy Space Center: The first is 101.99(adult)/87.99(child) and is seven hours long. The second is called Kennedy up Close and is 139.99/99.99, also seven hours.

It's a great place to visit, so much improved from 15 years ago (really interesting even if you're not a space enthusiast). With just a day, I'd recommend the general admission (so much to do with just that). I'd do the general tour on shuttle buses with a few stops, even if you just do that it's worth it. If you have extra time, there are IMAX space movies, a space simulator, a rocket garden, the astronaut hall of fame that we never made it to, etc. // 15 year ago I said, "Boy this place could be great, but they really ought to take some lessons from the world class Orlando theme parks about education in an entertaining way, and now they do a great job of that. We all thought it was a great day when we went.

There will be. Suggest you go to the port of call pages for more info on what is offered.

I have been trying to find the port of call pages for Port Canaveral but cannot. If you go to ports of call and United States - all I see is Florida Departures... can you help me?

your most cost effective way to visit Kennedy Space Center

https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/

is to rent a car and drive over yourself. there isn't very much traffic here and the drive will take you thru part of the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge where you just might see gators! (if you are used to driving in most of Jersey, you'll find our lil town EASY peezy)

All the major rental companies are here and run shuttles to/from the ships

PCcarrentals_zps2e118088.jpg

from the piers to the visitor complex is about 15 miles .... having the car allows some options after KSC as well . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

• 7 months later...

Are there any independent shore excursion companies? Other ports (caribbean) are teeming with independents that provide the same/similar activities as the boat excursions? I found just one in Canaveral-it has a good tripadvisor rating, but I'd like to find more?