Spring Break in Texas: Review of Navigator of the Seas March 9, 2014

That one has me puzzled as well. I did this cruise two weeks ago and there was no time change. Besides our clocks went forward this weekend, so that would mean that you are now two hours behind us, but all the ports are on CST? Am I missing something? :confused:

Great review BTW. :)

Without researching I'm guessing one of the ports does not observe DST and is therefore now an hour behind compared to when you sailed?

That one has me puzzled as well. I did this cruise two weeks ago and there was no time change. Besides our clocks went forward this weekend, so that would mean that you are now two hours behind us, but all the ports are on CST? Am I missing something? :confused:

Great review BTW. :)

Well I know that Mexico does not change to daylight savings until April 6th but even so I thought you always stayed on ship time???

Cindy - yes, you can. You just need to log off the one device and connect the other. We are switching between phones, iPads, and laptops.

Stepson said he grabbed towels and didn't have to use his card.

Nonfat yogurt in the windjammer, plain and strawberry. No Greek and no "no sugar." Brand is Upsala Farms.

Time change - no, we are one hour behind central right now. I am assuming that Honduras does not observe daylight savings time. No explanations given, just that we had to switch last night.

We'll see if we have to switch back for Belize and Mexico.

I'm guessing the reason this didn't happen last week is because daylight savings wasn't observed until this past weekend. Basically, we are back to pre-daylight savings central time.

---

Room steward showed up at 11 am to clean. Guess it doesn't matter if there is a meeting or not.

Late breakfast at windjammer. Wasn't too bad and it was quieter that late in the am.

Smoking section never that packed.

Pool is packed. It is finally 80 degrees and sunny.

Just finished my duolingo practice for the day and will likely hit up the blackjack tourney.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well I know that Mexico does not change to daylight savings until April 6th but even so I thought you always stayed on ship time???

Not always. I've had to change my clocks on a European cruise. I'm guessing they don't want anyone left behind....and maybe the confusion of time changes just added to that.

Personally, I prefer switching times to match the islands.....that way I don't have to worry about kissing private excursions, etc.

Not always. I've had to change my clocks on a European cruise. I'm guessing they don't want anyone left behind....and maybe the confusion of time changes just added to that.

Personally, I prefer switching times to match the islands.....that way I don't have to worry about kissing private excursions, etc.

Do tell about those kissing private excursions?!?!?! :D

(I'm sure you meant "missing"... :))

I remember returning to Galveston the first time we cruised from there' date=' there was a delay with debarkation and we sat outside on the promenade deck watching a school of dolphin swimming for over an hour. It was great. There were also a large amount of Jelly fish in the water. They were huge and could be seen easily from the fourth deck.[/quote']

I love that pod of dolphins that hangs out in the harbor and follows the ships out. I look forward to seeing them every time we sail out of Galveston.

I love following along with NOS threads. Were were on her in December before the referb and we'll be on her again in November. Can't get here soon enough!!

x2....so good! :)

Actually, if you turn go west on the road that runs on the north size of the Czech Stop for a couple blocks, you'll find Gerik's Czech Smokehouse and Bakery on the right.....you'll never go back to Czech Stop. And, they have cinnamon rolls the side of your head (not really, but close).

You can use it for whatever you would normally use wifi for. You purchase it online. It is $190 for one device.

It will not work with FaceTime and I just tried to watch a two minute YouTube video and gave up about 15 minutes....it still had not buffered the entire video. The internet is definitely not as good as what was on allure In the summer.

That's good to know. I was able to FaceTime on the Carnival Magic our last cruise and we were pretty impressed how much faster the internet was compared to our last cruises.

Urg @ autocorrect! Should have been "missing."

Didn't qualify for the tourney....oh well, it was only $20.

As an FYI, the diamond coupon for tournaments is only for one tournament. Bummer. Glad I used it on the slot tournament which was more expensive.

That's good to know. I was able to FaceTime on the Carnival Magic our last cruise and we were pretty impressed how much faster the internet was compared to our last cruises.

I'll have DH try when in port...sometimes the speed is quicker when docked.

Sure....they've left us a few messages, but I never caught the name.

We had dinner in the room. Tonight was the italian night in the MDR. We ordered from room service for ourselves and our family. The table in the OS is big enough for 4 of us...for some reason I was expecting more than room service, no clue why. I thought maybe they brought a tablecloth or something. No clue where I got that idea.

Anyhow...dinner was OK. Another solid B, maybe a B-.

After dinner we went to the main show. It was Donovan & Rebecca who are acrobats that were on America's Got Talent. They do these strength things. It was pretty amazing. A bit of a snore fest at times (mostly when he sang), but their strength...wow...just amazing to watch.

Back to the room....tomorrow is Roatan. We have a private excursion booked for zip lining and have to be off the ship between 8-9 AM. So up early :)

We had dinner in the room. Tonight was the italian night in the MDR

Thanks, I'm glad we chose this night to make reservations for Chops. Just not looking forward to DH's reaction when he sees another upsale on the menu. Note to self: make sure DH has two or three drinks before dinner on Tuesday:)

Hi JYD. I plan on going to the meet and mingle but I use a mobility scooter and I don't think I can access the Skybar. I may drive by and wave though:)

My wife uses a wheelchair, but she walks short distances and we can usually help her up short flights of stairs. If you require any assistance at all, just holler for us. Travelling with a bunch of bikers has it's benefits.

Hi JYD. I plan on going to the meet and mingle but I use a mobility scooter and I don't think I can access the Skybar. I may drive by and wave though:)

My wife uses a wheelchair, but she walks short distances and we can usually help her up short flights of stairs. If you require any assistance at all, just holler for us. Travelling with a bunch of bikers has it's benefits.

The Sky Bar is on deck 12 and the forward elevators go up to 12 so you should be able to get there no problem :)

We had dinner in the room. Tonight was the italian night in the MDR. We ordered from room service for ourselves and our family. The table in the OS is big enough for 4 of us...for some reason I was expecting more than room service, no clue why. I thought maybe they brought a tablecloth or something. :)

They will bring a tablecloth if you ask for it. Makes it much nicer:)