Booked 2 cabins ~ Only 1 on reservation

candycaramel

I just went through the online booking process to reserve 2 cabins.

I had 3 folks in one cabin, 2 in the cabin and managed to get the cabin selection so that the rooms were next to other.

Entered the names and all that.

One cabin I used my ViFP number as I am in the room with my two daughters,

Other cabin entered my husbands VIFP number, he's in the room with son.

Added insurance, prepaid gratuities, selected dinner time and PAID deposit.

Reservation only shows ONE cabin-mine with 3 people.

I called Carnival immediately and she can't find any mention of the other cabin.

Asked hubby if he has a reservation sent to his email. -NO

Credit card is pending with only deposit and insurance for cabin for 3.

What is going on? How can they just dump all the information for the other two passengers. I can understand if they reassigned the room but to just drop the other 2 passengers?

What happened?

Is it possible to reserve two cabins online?

I did the same thing with two cabins. One under DH and one under mine. Both worked fine.

You didn't mention if the cabin for two is no longer showing avail? If it is still available and your card wasn't charged I would re-enter the information.

Sigh!

I cancelled the first partial reservation and tried again online. It dumped the second cabin again but it gave me a message this time telling me that it could only make one reservation so I called Carnival again and the reservation agent made the reservation for the second cabin.

Two reservation numbers but supposedly they are linked for dinner :rolleyes: as if the teenagers want to eat dinner with us.

The reservation agent was very polite and helpful.

Thanks for your feedback.

A good case for booking over the phone. To get the best rates for air travel I have to book on line but for cruises if you book by phone you get the same price and a conformation almost immediately... In this case you need to rebook since they don't have it ib their system.

I hate trying to book online too. It is so difficult to try to book 2 rooms. For instance it wouldn't let me pick rooms that could hold 4 for 3 people and then get a room next door for 2 even though both rooms were available if I tried to book for the number of people the room holds. If you just want to check the price for the rooms you shouldn't have to call a rep.