Any tolls from Hou to Galveston??

pmak

We will be renting a car from Hobby airport to travel to Galveston. Are there any tolls from Hobby? We will be in Galveston for a few days prior to the cruise then back to the Hobby airport. Should I add a toll pass to our car rental? Thanks Patricia

We will be renting a car from Hobby airport to travel to Galveston. Are there any tolls from Hobby? We will be in Galveston for a few days prior to the cruise then back to the Hobby airport. Should I add a toll pass to our car rental? Thanks Patricia

If you're just driving down I-45 between Hobby and Galveston and then on the island...no tolls. :)

No, straight shot down I-45. Literally...45 dead ends in Galveston. What time is your flight coming in? There is construction going on and traffic is a bear. Rush hour around here starts around 3 to 3:30. By 4 traffic can come to a stand still. Just take a deep breath and go with the flow. We're used to it.

No, straight shot down I-45. Literally...45 dead ends in Galveston. What time is your flight coming in? There is construction going on and traffic is a bear. Rush hour around here starts around 3 to 3:30. By 4 traffic can come to a stand still. Just take a deep breath and go with the flow. We're used to it.

There are always 3+3 6 lanes always open during construction

According to Texas Dept of transportation .

Traffic is heavy during rush hours and can slow .

Coming in on weekday and leaving Hobby by 4:00, if you are,

you will be going against traffic.

You should not have a problem.

Edited by ssb

Hi Kim, Los Angeles traffic is bad so we're also used to it. We arrive at 5:00 p.m. in Hobby on Friday. We have a early flight booked for the day we return from our cruise. Planning on self disembark... sure hope there's no fog delay. Patricia