Remember the Carnival Jubilee

GTVCRUISER

wow such memories! our very first cruise and our Honeymoon cruise May 24 1987! Cocktails were served in real glasses, cherries Jubilee was flamed, baked Alaska parade, midnight buffets, wooden horse races, skeet shooting!! but I still love Carnival as much as I did in 1987!!

I remember all of those on the 1994 cruise too! The waiters were always parading around with flames on the cherries jubilee and the baked alaska! I thought I heard someone say that they had the horse races on a recent cruise? :)

• 5 months later...
First cruise! avyza9yt.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Notice what the CAPERS says about snacks. Back in the day you could bring guests aboard to see your cabin and walk the ship. :) But they weren't supposed to eat any of the snacks. :D Then they would almost tearfully have to get off the ship and we would leave. Torture for some.:(

I cruised this beauty three times. Always had a great time. Flaming Cherries Jubilee and Baked Alaskan was a fantastic part of it. How things have changed.

Edited by glrounds

• 10 months later...

1st cruise...June 30th 1991, 7 day Mexican Riviera. Had just graduated high school and there were 4 of us in an inside cabin (we each paid $750.50....seems quite expensive thinking about it now). All of us, but one, were 17, (he was 18), we were so nervous that they were not going to let us board. No worries...got on board (still remember our cabin steward -"Trip"). We had the best 7 days...drank, gambled, won the pie eating contest, danced on the tables at Senior Frogs in Mazatlan...good times! I have tons of pics...just need to find them.