Ultimate berverage package price question

shelly11

I understand how this works but how many days do they charge you? For example I'm looking at a 3 day Sky cruise so do they charge me $49 x 3 or do they also charge you for the fourth day that you arrive home? You could technically grab a drink that morning but I'm also pretty sure your account is closed out before time to leave.

I'm thinking it's just 3 but I want to be sure I budget correctly.

I understand how this works but how many days do they charge you? For example I'm looking at a 3 day Sky cruise so do they charge me $49 x 3 or do they also charge you for the fourth day that you arrive home? You could technically grab a drink that morning but I'm also pretty sure your account is closed out before time to leave.

If it is a three day cruise you are charged three days.

On my last cruise the bar in the buffet was open on disembarkation morning. Maybe the Atrium Bar also, not totally sure about that. Anyway, some bar drinks were available, and the UBP was still in effect.

Which ship was this? I thought I read that disembarkation day is not included in the UBP.

You will be charged for three days. $49 + 15 percent auto gratuity.

Which ship was this? I thought I read that disembarkation day is not included in the UBP.
It was the Jade. The computerized sales system was already shut down that morning, so they were using paper payment slips. I guess I can't say for sure that the UBP was still working that day; all I can say is that we did get drinks from the bar that morning, and we were never charged for them. Nor were we charged for an extra day of the UBP, thank goodness! :p

Cruises overlap.
True, but it's still turn-around day for everyone. Not just a regular morning, even for people who are staying on for the next sailing.

This raises a question for back-to-backers: if you only get the UBP for one leg of your cruise, what is the cut-off time between the two legs? I wonder if the morning of turn-around day may be an overlap period. That is, the UBP will still be in effect if you only get it for the first leg, and it will already be in effect if you only get it for the second leg. Just guessing, though.

True, but it's still turn-around day for everyone. Not just a regular morning, even for people who are staying on for the next sailing.

This raises a question for back-to-backers: if you only get the UBP for one leg of your cruise, what is the cut-off time between the two legs? I wonder if the morning of turn-around day may be an overlap period. That is, the UBP will still be in effect if you only get it for the first leg, and it will already be in effect if you only get it for the second leg. Just guessing, though.

No, for some it will be a regular port day.

Some passengers would be at the end of their cruise, others will be joining and some will be off on a normal port day.

No, for some it will be a regular port day.
On a normal port day, the computer system is not shut down and the bars are not forced to fill out charge slips by hand. On a normal port day, there are activities scheduled throughout the morning for people who choose not to go ashore. On a normal port day, the fitness center, the spa, the pools, the hot tubs, etc. are all open from early in the morning.

On disembarkation/turn-around day on the Jade, there were no organized activities and the facilities I just mentioned were closed all morning, until about 11am or noon (or even later, in the case of the thermal suite).

Bottom line, there is something special about that morning, for everyone on board. Anyway, this thread is specifically about how the UBP works on disembarkation day. If you have any light to shed on that, that would be useful.