Baked Alaskan ?

mnsweeps

Have not seen on the new menu. I was shocked how nasty it tasted in October on the Liberty. The sponge cake tasted just like a sponge and the egg whites that were suppose to me a marainge? was grainy. Not impressed. Nothing like it use to be that is for sure.

In the early days - like the 70s, I mean..... When I was a kid they were amazing masterpieces that came out from the kitchen on fire and wre served, sliced at the table.

My first cruise on princess in 1999, there was a small individual ice cream ball covered in meringue, served on a sliver platter by the waitstaff.

I have I idea why they serve the slice of ice cream, sponge cake and egg whites anymore at all. It is NOTHING like Baked Alaska.

Do they still serve Baked Alaskan icecream? I am on Conquest next month.

Alaskans are hard to come by, expensive and are gamey unless prepared correctly. However I do believe that baked Alaska is still on the menu.

I get the Baked Alaska every time. I'm not picky. I like cake & ice cream, and that dessert works great for me. I usually order 2, like I did on the Dream in January. Maybe they aren't genuine Baked Alaska, but they are still quite good. And I am very happy to not see anything on fire being carried around!!! Doesn't sound entertaining to me, sounds very scary!

Alaskans are hard to come by, expensive and are gamey unless prepared correctly.

Like pigs with lipstick?

It is some ice cream with some tasteless cake and some meringue.

You can do better from the popsicle man.

Edited by mzloolue

Baked Alaska used to be a highlight! They'd turn down the lights and the servers would come in with the blue hued flame on each one. The flame went out when the alcohol burned off and they'd cut it at the table for each person.

What they serve now is a vanilla cake with cosmo ice cream. Very misnamed.

I was on the Conquest in January, but two of the seven nights we ate up at the Lido buffet (once on the second elegant night and once because we had to print our boarding passes for our flight home). So it might have been offered on one of those nights.

I do know that I had it on the Liberty last year:

923114_10151600467444721_354945274_n.jpg

Have not seen it on a carnival ship in some time. Do reember the old days when it was served flambe

Same hear I have not seen baked Alaskan or cherry jubilee, since the mid nineties ,which were lit up. I'll bet the fire marshal had something to with their extermination.

Edited by Shipbound