Carnival's Galley Tours: Are they only a thing of the past?

Do any ships still offer any FREE galley tours?

I was going through my first cruise pictures today on the Ecstasy (2007) and I came across my photos from the ship's free galley tour that was held on the last sea day. The tour was really neat and enjoyable. I wish that I would be able to someday tour the galley again (not Behind the Fun Tour, but for free).

I also thought I would share my galley tour photos:

http://www.embarkandaway.com/1/post/2014/03/carnival-ecstasy-galley-tour.html

I am not implying that is was a cutback at all. This probably didn't cost any money to run, but it cost the crew's time and energy.

If I recall correctly (and I could be completely wrong with the dates), didn't they stop offering these tours around the time when norovirus outbreaks became more wide spread? Think about it, if you have a nasty little bug who has a favored vector with food transmission, do you want to expose the ships primary food supply to someone who is potentially ill and might not be aware of an errant sneeze? Not everything has to be related to "cutbacks."

I forgot about this option. Is the chef's table any good? Is it worth the price?

Yes, actually it's worth much more(but don't tell Carnival that)

I wrote about it and included several photos in my Miracle review posted in my signature.

If I recall correctly (and I could be completely wrong with the dates), didn't they stop offering these tours around the time when norovirus outbreaks became more wide spread? Think about it, if you have a nasty little bug who has a favored vector with food transmission, do you want to expose the ships primary food supply to someone who is potentially ill and might not be aware of an errant sneeze? Not everything has to be related to "cutbacks."

...Well said.

Do they still have the "behind the fun" on the dream? Any idea how to sign up for it or how much it costs?

• Every Carnival ship offers the BtF tour (except possibly on cruises-to-nowhere). The price is $55 on ships without a steakhouse and $95 on ships WITH a steakhouse, and it will be held the morning of your last (or only) sea-day.
  • You book it the moment you board, at the Shore Excursions desk. It usually sells out.
  • Absolutely no cameras or cellphones allowed. They WILL check.
  • It involves a fair amount of walking and climbing stairs, and you must wear closed-toe shoes.
  • You get some schwag, including at least one free photo with the ship's captain; the items vary based on the cost and length of the tour.
  • Tours last around three hours; the more expensive tour normally lasts longer (although mine didn't).

I'd say it's worth it to take the tour once. I've taken it three times and will probably do so again, but I really enjoy behind-the-scenes maritime stuff. :)

• Every Carnival ship offers the BtF tour (except possibly on cruises-to-nowhere). The price is $55 on ships without a steakhouse and $95 on ships WITH a steakhouse, and it will be held the morning of your last (or only) sea-day.
  • You book it the moment you board, at the Shore Excursions desk. It usually sells out.
  • It involves a fair amount of walking and climbing stairs, and you must wear closed-toe shoes.
  • You get some schwag, including at least one free photo with the ship's captain; the items vary based on the cost and length of the tour.
  • Tours last around three hours; the more expensive tour normally lasts longer (although mine didn't).

I'd say it's worth it to take the tour once. I've taken it three times and will probably do so again, but I really enjoy behind-the-scenes maritime stuff. :)

Did it on the Glory just over 3 years ago and it was awesome. Lasted close to 4 hours probably because I asked lots and lots of question.

Worth doing once dont think I would do it again.

Thank you very much Pellaz! We leave on the Dream Saturday and we will try to book that when we get on the ship.