What was your first Carnival ship?

christmas

We took our first cruise in 1998 on Carnival Paradise and it hooked us on cruising. We continued to cruise but not on Carnival. I have no idea why I waited 14 years to take our 2nd Carnival cruise on the Breeze. We have taken 31 cruises now and will be doing another Carnival cruise in September. I am really looking forward to it. Carnival Rocks!

Marion

tss Festivale- 7 night Eastern from Miami- October 4, 1980 Cabin U-1 (Tiny, Tiny Inside w/ 2 Lowers directly in the Bow of the ship-but we still loved it)

Rate p.p. including port charges: $976.00

I am very impressed you can remember how much the cruise cost way back when. It is amazing when you think that it was almost 35

years ago. The cruise rates really haven't gone up that much over the years and we are still getting a good bang for our buck on cruise vacations.

Thanks for sharing!

Marion

Our first cruise was on the pride in a inside cabin. Eastern Caribbean and we did not think about (HURRICANE'S). We had to deal with three in seven days. One named Igor was behind us all the way back to Baltimore. This was in September. But it did not scare us. We have been on two more since then and waiting to do the pride in September this year for our third time on the pride. I say if your on a cruise every day is a great day. Happysailing

• 2 months later...

Carnival Glory - September 11, 2004!

We had a wonderful time even though our western itinerary was changed to an eastern because of all the hurricanes that year. Got to St. Marteen and Tropical Depression Jeanne (who later became a hurricane I believe) chased us out of St. Marteen and caused us to miss St. Thomas.

Took a 7 year hiatus (raising kids and life in general) but now are back to cruising and trying to do 1 a year or at least 1 every year and a half.

Destiny, Feb 2000. Valentines Day cruise for our "family" honeymoon with the kiddies. Was also our kids first cruise. We broke down dead in the water en route to our first port, San Juan. Had to be towed back to Miami. Compensation was reimbursement for cruise & airfare, several open bars, free excursions in Miami and 50% off another cruise! We choose a GS on the Triumph.

First cruise: Carnival Inspiration 5-Day out of Tampa to Grand Cayman and Cozumel in November 2005. Big family (my in-laws) group cruise - we had about 6 cabins. Port stop of Cozumel was replaced with Costa Maya because Cozumel had been heavily damaged by a hurricane.

I was 20-some weeks pregnant so hot and achey all the time and couldn't imbibe or participate in the shore excursions the group had booked. But I still had a great time and got totally hooked on cruising from that first one.