What was your first Carnival ship?

christmas

Canival Ecstasy 1999.

First cruise with a friend. He went to bed every night at 11pm (we were 20). I couldn't believe he did that with everything going on. It took several more years for me to get the courage to go on another one. I never really experienced it right the first time. I went on a tour of the ship years later...wow it looked so dated compared to the Victory and Triumph.

Edited by dougtr

The Paradise, because at the time it was the only non-smoking ship and my mom really liked that idea.

It was not a good trip. We only booked Carnival again the next year because some friends asked us to join them on a vacation they were already going on, and we are lucky it was the Conquest (which at the time was a very new ship) because it completely fixed our negative opinion of Carnival that the Paradise gave us. Even after a couple years on Princess we ended up coming back to Carnival and when it was time for me to start planning vacations with my husband instead of going on the family vacations, Carnival was the first choice.

Hey Earle I was on that cruise also. Ted was freaking out! For those who don't know, Ted Alison started Carnival and was on this cruise. His son Micky is who most modern cruisers in the last 25 years know.

I think you meant Ted Arison.;)