What was your first Carnival ship?

christmas

Yep I had drinks with him several nights sweetie.

Is it true that they opened up the bars (gave out all the drinks for free) and the a bartender invented a drink they called "Mardi Gras on the Rocks" on that fateful day? I heard it was quite a wild time.:p

Is it true that they opened up the bars (gave out all the drinks for free) and the a bartender invented a drink they called "Mardi Gras on the Rocks" on that fateful day? I heard it was quite a wild time.:p

They did open the bars but I have no recollection about the DRINK SORRY!

Mardi Gras, March 19, 1978. The day after we were married.

So here's an interesting tidbit. Just dug out our brochure and receipt for this cruise. Our stateroom was M-119 on the Main Deck, outside with a porthole, and one of the few with a double bed (most were single, including the suites). The room was so small you could barely walk around the end and one side of the bed (the other was against the wall), and the bathroom was so small you could sit on the toilet while taking your shower. Total cost for the two of us was $1,224 for the 7-day cruise. At a bit over 27,000 tons, we thought the ship was HUGE!

Had a great time, and it began a love of cruising that's lasted for 36 years. :D

The Paradise in 2000 when it was a totally smoke free ship. Even had a huge "No Smoking" symbol on the Aft of the of the ship. It was a 7 day to Nassau, San Juan, St Thomas and back to Miami. 14 years later and our 21st Carnival cruise on the Carnival Dream is 45 days away.....:):)

Splendor.

Ship will always have a special place in my heart, got engaged to my wife on the balcony of our room.

We are actually sailing on her out of Miami in april 2015....same Ocean Suite I proposed to her in. Should be fun!

The first ship we sailed with Carnival was the Celebration out of New Orleans in 1999. A local radio station here in the DFW area (KVIL) sponsored the cruise along with a local travel agent. We loved it so much we booked the next one the following year on the Inspiration, again with the same radio station. Then came the Jubilee the next year and the rest is history. Just returned from the Carnival Legend Panama Canal Transit cruise which was my 18th cruise with Carnival. :D