Nail Poolish ??

marvholly

I buy moderatly priced polishes like Maybelline, cover girl (hate new formula), Loreal. I happen to date the bottles. I have noticed that they deteriorate markedly (don't go on as smooth/evenly or don't wear as long) right around the 1 year from purchase point.

Anyone else see this?

Are better brands (OPI, Essie) better at holding up?

Reposting, don't think it hit. Sorry if double. Having AOL probs for couple days.

I buy moderatly priced polishes like Maybelline, cover girl (hate new formula), Loreal. I happen to date the bottles. I have noticed that they deteriorate markedly (don't go on as smooth/evenly or don't wear as long) right around the 1 year from purchase point.

Anyone else see this?

Are better brands (OPI, Essie) better at holding up?

Reposting, don't think it hit. Sorry if double. Having AOL probs for couple days.

I've found that 6 months after opening any of them they are pretty much ready to be replaced. They seem to dry up and can't be applied without "dragging" or having little bits of congealed pieces in them. Polishes aren't so expensive though, and it doesn't hurt much to toss them.

Lately I've been using a white pearl from Wet N Wild that seems to go on well, dries quickly and doesn't chip on my toenails. You can't beat the price either! ;)

Ms B

I've found that 6 months after opening any of them they are pretty much ready to be replaced. They seem to dry up and can't be applied without "dragging" or having little bits of congealed pieces in them. Polishes aren't so expensive though, and it doesn't hurt much to toss them.

Lately I've been using a white pearl from Wet N Wild that seems to go on well, dries quickly and doesn't chip on my toenails. You can't beat the price either! ;)

Ms B

Nail polish doesn't really have too long a shelf life. If it is starting to get sticky and clump, throw it away.

I have a hard time finding a red I like for my toe's, and OPI's Kennebunk Port is my favorite and it's hard to find. I had heard that they were discontinuing the color, so I stocked up on three bottles of it. I keep them in the fridge and take them with me when I go get a pedicure and then put them back afterwards.

After about 18 months in the fridge, they're still as good as new.

Jane

it took me forever to find the perfect red. i finally found OPI's Big Apple Red and i'm hooked.

i just bought sephora's #49 nail polish. in the bottle it looks like one of those opalescent colors that is blue/pink/purplish. it was really neat, kinda looked like the inside of a seashell. i thought it would be PERFECT with a french pedicure. its ok, but goes more bluish silver.

i think i'll stick with my favorite standby for french-OPI's Rosy Future.

Archived