Does NCL really have a waitlist for cabins?

Pete69

Hi All,

I have been trying to pay for an upgrade from connecting ocean view cabins to connecting balcony cabins on a cruise in October, unfortunately there are no connecting cabins left. I have been told by my TA that we are on a "waitlist" should I hold my breath for the upgrade even though I am happy to pay for it??

Hi All,

I have been trying to pay for an upgrade from connecting ocean view cabins to connecting balcony cabins on a cruise in October, unfortunately there are no connecting cabins left. I have been told by my TA that we are on a "waitlist" should I hold my breath for the upgrade even though I am happy to pay for it??

Didn't know there was a "waitlist". I wouldn't hold my breath. I hope it all works out for you.

Hi All,

On our very first Dawn cruise we booked an OV as all balconies were already sold out. This was about 9 months out. Our TA had us wait listed for the upgrade. We got the call about 2 weeks out, but by that time we had resigned ourselves to the OV, and turned the offer down. We' d had some unexpected expenditures a tv, dishwasher, and fridge all went kaput within 3 weeks. :eek: we needed the cruise.

Since so far there is no knowledge of a wait list through NCL. And both posters that have been advised of one, have TAs. Could it be that the TAs are using that term and are just themselves keeping an eye out for their customers?

I know there is a website out there, as a paid subscriber gives you some benefits such as

"You get e-mail notifications when your stateroom categories change price or availability"

Could it be that the TAs use something like this to be notified when that category becomes available?

Why not just ask your TA if they have had much success with this "waitlist" in the past.

Edited by che5904

Definitely keep an eye on the cabins when final payment is due. I had my eye on the cabin next to us as it had a larger balcony, when I saw it available, I jumped on it. Same with an aft on the Dawn.

When final payment is due, you see many cancellations. Good Luck! :)

Hi All,

People must be migrating from Carnival with all the cutbacks.

There are only so many connecting cabins. If only one of the two cabins are reserved, there is nothing they can do.

As said, keep an eye on what you can see online. As you get near final payment, many passengers will drop off and cabins come open.

Since so far there is no knowledge of a wait list through NCL. And both posters that have been advised of one, have TAs. Could it be that the TAs are using that term and are just themselves keeping an eye out for their customers?

I know there is a website out there, as a paid subscriber gives you some benefits such as

"You get e-mail notifications when your stateroom categories change price or availability"

Could it be that the TAs use something like this to be notified when that category becomes available?

Why not just ask your TA if they have had much success with this "waitlist" in the past.

Cherie, you can definitely be wait listed for a certain category and on the NCL agent website, it does say what categories may be waitlisted. There is no way of knowing whether or not space will open up. I just had clients do this as they wanted a two-bedroom suite in The Haven. You have to put down the deposit still and you are not officially on that ship until you are placed in a room. Fortunately for my clients, they were successful.

Cherie, you can definitely be wait listed for a certain category and on the NCL agent website, it does say what categories may be waitlisted. There is no way of knowing whether or not space will open up. I just had clients do this as they wanted a two-bedroom suite in The Haven. You have to put down the deposit still and you are not officially on that ship until you are placed in a room. Fortunately for my clients, they were successful.

Thanks for the info, very interesting! :)

Do you happen to remember in general what categories would not be available for waitlisting?

Cheri, you can definitely be wait listed for a certain category and on the NCL agent website, it does say what categories may be waitlisted. There is no way of knowing whether or not space will open up. I just had clients do this as they wanted a two-bedroom suite in The Haven. You have to put down the deposit still and you are not officially on that ship until you are placed in a room. Fortunately for my clients, they were successful.

Interesting, thanks Linda. Not that I would ever wait for a cabin of a specific category, LOL I'd just wait and book at another time. But good to know just the same.

Thanks everyone for the info.

This is for a panama canal cruise so we are pretty restricted with when we go I guess we will just wait and see how we go. I will definatly keep an eye on available cabins. At the moment pretty much everything is only GTY Cabins.

Cheers