Deck 12 inside sideways cabins on the Star

js4rq

Hi all, my partner and I are looking at doing a Panama canal cruise on the Star next year.

I see there are inside sideways cabins on deck 12 (12041, 12039 etc). For those that have stayed in one of these cabins - what did you think of the layout and location?? Any pics?

Hi all, my partner and I are looking at doing a Panama canal cruise on the Star next year.

I see there are inside sideways cabins on deck 12 (12041, 12039 etc). For those that have stayed in one of these cabins - what did you think of the layout and location?? Any pics?

I prefer the sideways cabin as they fell bigger entering in the center of the cabin instead of the end .

I can't help with the cabin itself (other than that they are just couple of years old so they are in better overall condition than most insides on her) but the location on deck 12 fwd is excellent - would definitely recommend!

They are more modern looking like the rest of the suites up on 12 with beige carpets and brown trim. I'm not sure if all are set up the same, but some at least have two pull down beds vs. the one pull down and the 4th person having to sleep in the pop up bed. Since it is only the two of you though, that doesn't really matter.

You will also be on the same deck as the pool, buffet, library. All just a short walk away.

We saw one of these on our cabin crawl on the Star along with a regular inside and they do indeed seem much larger. I seem to recall the party in the cabin was able to rearrange the bed somehow to allow for even more space, but it was awhile back, so the details have escaped me.

We love the sideways cabins.I don't think they're any bigger,they just feel it.We have been in cabin 12039 on the Star.We're booked in cabin 12039 on the Dawn for our Fall cruise. As others have said,it's a great location.

I've booked inside sideways cabin #12041 on Norwegian Star for our next cruise. Looking forward to it!! :D

Thanks everyone for your help!

Someone posted pics of one of those rooms - maybe about a year ago. I'm trying to think of a good search term but not coming up with much. I know I did post on the thread so that might be one way to find it. Maybe "pullmen" or "pullman" or "pop up".

I found a thread with photos earlier, forget the name of it. Will see if I can find the link, if anyone's interested.

Also found a video of an inside sideways cabin which looked great, not on the Star though.

Edited by js4rq

I did stay on deck 12 on Dawn . Up high and forward has the most amount of motion on the ship . Be ready .

I did stay on deck 12 on Dawn . Up high and forward has the most amount of motion on the ship . Be ready .

Thanks for the heads up! :D we don't suffer from sea or motion sickness, so no worries there.

Does these cabins on Norwegian Star have a couch or just a desk/chair area?

Insides and oceanviews always have only a desk and a chair. Balconies and up have couches or big comfy chairs (in some suites IIRC).