Questions about Magic and FOG???

rnewton2

Looking to book Breeze or Magic for Spring Break 2015-April. I am leaning towards the Magic because it is slightly less expensive AND is a day longer. I am worried about the fog issue in Galveston. I have read a few nightmare stories. Is the fog enough of a nuisance that it would make you second guess sailing from Galveston??

Thanks so much.

Robin

How about those that have to fly in? It seems that getting to Galveston can be a bit of a pain and fairly pricey. It is bad enough to make you choose Miami over Galveston?

Hi,

I am 30 min from Galveston so I get the fog as well. Dec, Jan and Feb are the worst months for fog. I can happen in March as well but it wouldn't be a long delay. If you fly in get the Carnival transfer to the pier. Be sure to fly in to Hobby Airport not Intercontinental.

How about those that have to fly in? It seems that getting to Galveston can be a bit of a pain and fairly pricey. It is bad enough to make you choose Miami over Galveston?

We are sailing Magic next month for my spring break. We paid $99 on Jet Blue from BOS to HOU and $188 from HOU to BOS. That's less than we've paid for flights to MIA or FLL over the past few years. And the cruise itself was much less expensive than those we've sailed out of Florida ports.

Looking to book Breeze or Magic for Spring Break 2015-April. I am leaning towards the Magic because it is slightly less expensive AND is a day longer. I am worried about the fog issue in Galveston. I have read a few nightmare stories. Is the fog enough of a nuisance that it would make you second guess sailing from Galveston??

Thanks so much.

Robin

It definately is a pain. Go breeze.

We are sailing Magic next month for my spring break. We paid $99 on Jet Blue from BOS to HOU and $188 from HOU to BOS. That's less than we've paid for flights to MIA or FLL over the past few years. And the cruise itself was much less expensive than those we've sailed out of Florida ports.

After I posted I checked the JetBlue site. The flights are now $89 BOS-HOU and $147 HOU-BOS. Yay for JetBlue's travel bank.