Allure - Eastern - looking for comments

I'll add to this.

On Allure and Oasis, is there a deck similar to what deck 4 is on Voyager class, where you can walk around the entire ship outside?

Is there an area for sitting out near the helipad? (great for stargazing on voyager class -- we missed this on Carnival)

And one last thing. On our last cruise we sailed on Carnival Dream. We were docked in one of the ports next to either Oasis or Allure. I think it was Oasis. Anyway, we were oohing and ahhhhing over what a beautiful ship it was, and just as we were all getting ready to pull out of port, there was a bag piper playing out on the helipad. Was this a random event by a passenger who happened to bring along his bag pipes? He was wearing a kilt as well.

To answer you questions

Deck 5 has the jogging track - you can walk all the way around the ship.

You cannot access the helipad - except for special events.

That is why I am asking if Allure does a C&A "sail away" on this front deck - we did this on Oasis out of Labadee.

Hope this helps

I'll add to this.

On Allure and Oasis, is there a deck similar to what deck 4 is on Voyager class, where you can walk around the entire ship outside?

Is there an area for sitting out near the helipad? (great for stargazing on voyager class -- we missed this on Carnival)

And one last thing. On our last cruise we sailed on Carnival Dream. We were docked in one of the ports next to either Oasis or Allure. I think it was Oasis. Anyway, we were oohing and ahhhhing over what a beautiful ship it was, and just as we were all getting ready to pull out of port, there was a bag piper playing out on the helipad. Was this a random event by a passenger who happened to bring along his bag pipes? He was wearing a kilt as well.

The bag piper is part of the crew. You will see him throughout the ship at different times playing.

The helo pad is not open to passengers like on Freedom Class ships.

I just got off the Allure yesterday and have all the Compasses. I probably can't get them scanned for a few days, but can answer any questions you have.

For C&A events, the Welcome Back party was on Tuesday (Sea Day) at 10:15AM. Meet the Stars was on Friday at 11:15AM. C&A Trivia was the same day at 12:45PM.

I believe the sailaway party on the helipad was held leaving St Maarten on Thursday, but somehow my invitation must have gotten lost.

Shows that didn't require reservations that I remember are the How to Train your Dragon ice show on Tuesday 1:15 and 3PM and the Madagascar Aqua show on Saturday at noon.

If there are other questions I can answer, let me know.

As for the wind on the pool deck, it was pretty windy our last day. Combined with 75 deg weather it made for a cool day up there. Other than that the pool deck wasn't too breezy even moving 19-20 kts from Nassau to St Thomas.

I just got off the Allure yesterday and have all the Compasses. I probably can't get them scanned for a few days, but can answer any questions you have.

For C&A events, the Welcome Back party was on Tuesday (Sea Day) at 10:15AM. Meet the Stars was on Friday at 11:15AM. C&A Trivia was the same day at 12:45PM.

I believe the sailaway party on the helipad was held leaving St Maarten on Thursday, but somehow my invitation must have gotten lost.

Shows that didn't require reservations that I remember are the How to Train your Dragon ice show on Tuesday 1:15 and 3PM and the Madagascar Aqua show on Saturday at noon.

If there are other questions I can answer, let me know.

As for the wind on the pool deck, it was pretty windy our last day. Combined with 75 deg weather it made for a cool day up there. Other than that the pool deck wasn't too breezy even moving 19-20 kts from Nassau to St Thomas.

Thanks

Who's been on this cruise? Did you keep your Compasses? What additional entertainment (ice + water shows) did they have that did not require reservations? Did you attend any of the crown and anchor parties? When were they held? Thanks

I've done the Eastern twice. On our last trip, they held an upper tier event on the Boardwalk during our roll call. They did do another in the theater and had several of the performers talk and sing. The captain was there for that one.

On the Allure last week. Got tickets for Chicago, Blue Planet, Oceanaria and ice show. Did not need tickets for Quest. Go to Amber theater as soon as you board and get reservations for the whole week set up. Work around your dining times. Also ticket for comedy show. Great shows.

Or better yet, book you entertainment before you go on the cruise. One less thing to do after you board, and probably easier to get the day and time you want.

I completely agree. This is especially important if you have My Time Dining. You will need to plan ahead to work dinner around the showtimes if you want to see everything.

Personally, we found Ocean Aria and Blue Planet to be don't miss shows.

You want to book Ocean Aria night 1 in case it gets cancelled/ postponed due to weather. On our cruise last week the Mon and Tue shows were postponed to Wed and Thurs due to winds. Blue Planet is only available the last two days of the cruise (3 shows) so it can be tough to get in if you don't book ahead.

Feel free to comment on anything you liked or disliked from this trip.

Likes: Almost everything. The Oasis class ships are a class all their own. There is so much to do yet you can still find places to get "lost" if you just want to relax in a quiet spot with a good book. If you don't find a way to enjoy yourself it's likely to be your own fault!

Dislikes: I couldn't do everything in only 7 days, so now I have to go back!