Confused...so which drinks are included in your cruise fare?

SA71

I am not talking about a beverage package here...I want to know what drinks are included in the cruise fare purchase. Coffee (Brewed...comparable to?), tea (black, herbal?), tap water at meals? Is there juice or ice tea available from dispensers at the buffets at lunch and breakfast?

all of the above at the buffet, you can ask for iced tea at dinner, coffee, etc. You can also take pop and water onboard and ask your room attendant for ice or take your cans of pop with you and get ice at the buffet. The mini fridges in the room do not keep drinks cold.:) Also, we have found to get approx 2/3 cup of coffee and mix it with 1/3 water. It's pretty strong but if you dilute it down it's not so bad....

Edited by cruzngrl

Is there apple/orange juice for breakfast free of charge (not fresh squeezed i realize that is a charge) in the buffet? What about in the MDR for breakfast? Is ice tea the sugar kind (ie Lipton/Brisk), or real tea served cold?

I am not talking about a beverage package here...I want to know what drinks are included in the cruise fare purchase. Coffee (Brewed...comparable to?), tea (black, herbal?), tap water at meals? Is there juice or ice tea available from dispensers at the buffets at lunch and breakfast?

Coffee- like what is brewed in a Mr Coffee maker :rolleyes:

Tea- just like Lipton, iced or hot, fresh brewed

Juice- Tropicana ect

Water- straight from the tap

Milk- well you know:D

Yes there are large urns in the buffet area, and a selection of tea bags to choose from.

Edited by wallie5446

Thanks. Sounds like there is decent amount of "free" options included. I have had people tell me that other than coffee and tea and tap water, everything else was a charge.

I am sailing on the Century, so as a smaller ship I hope the offerings are the same as on a larger ship.

Thanks. Sounds like there is decent amount of "free" options included. I have had people tell me that other than coffee and tea and tap water, everything else was a charge.

I am sailing on the Century, so as a smaller ship I hope the offerings are the same as on a larger ship.

Don't know that I would say they are free, you are paying for them as they are included in the cruise fare:D

We have sailed the Century two times, she is a grand ole Lady. We hope you enjoy her as much as we did. Please come back and fill us in when you return.

The buffet has dispensers of juice at breakfast (apple, orange, grapefruit, cranberry), which they switch by lunch to iced tea, fruit punch (the dark pink kind), lemonade, and usually some sort of tropical fruit punch (think papaya, guava, etc.). I like the lemonade, but usually cut it with water. There is also a large selection of herbal teas. Check more than one drink station in the buffet for the herbal teas as they often have different flavours/brands.

For very good iced tea, I've brewed a selected bag of tea hot and then added ice. The selection in the tea boxes usually is good. And the lemonade is good also.

Do not forget that the tap water in the buffet is always cold from the dispensers. But I've had water right from the tap in our bathroom and it is fine. Ask your steward for ice. It is not provided all the time unless requested.

Enjoy your choices!

Most of this has been covered but here is a copy of an old post I made that included everything I could think of:

Just to recap, no extra charge beverages:

Tap water, Brewed coffee (regular and decaf), instant coffee (taster's choice regular and decaf), Tea (good selection of about 8 or more popular tea blends including green, mint, etc), hot coca (Nestles instant mix), Milk (regular, chocolate and skim), juices, iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch.

All of these items are available in any dining area or from room service. They are available 24/7 from room service and from beverage stations in the buffet area although some items are not available at all times in the buffet: Some milks are only available during meals in the buffet and the dispensers used for juices during breakfast times are used for iced tea, lemonade and punch at other times.

For the most part there is an extra charge for any alcoholic, carbonated, or bottled beverage. Also most bars and lounges charge for any beverages served there. There are upscale versions of many no-extra-charge beverages available which do cost extra such as espresso based coffees, organic teas, bottled water, fresh squeezed OJ, etc.

...I am sailing on the Century, so as a smaller ship I hope the offerings are the same as on a larger ship.

Century should have the same selections as the other ships in the fleet.

Edited by Lsimon