MDR Seating

Hello, we are sailing on Freedom in April. There are 15 of us cruising together. We have the 8pm seating in the MDR. Does anyone know how I can contact them before we board to see about getting one large table? We really don't want to be split up into 2 or 3 tables. Thanks!

Hello, we are sailing on Freedom in April. There are 15 of us cruising together. We have the 8pm seating in the MDR. Does anyone know how I can contact them before we board to see about getting one large table? We really don't want to be split up into 2 or 3 tables. Thanks!

I agree with the previous poster, there is not likely a table for 15.

You can try sending an email to rcldining@rccl.com and make your request. We had a large group of 20 once and asked for 3 tables near each other. We rotated tables each evening and conversation was much easier than if it had been one huge table.

I have seen (rarely) some rectangular tables pushed together to make a very long table that would seat 15, but I agree with Clarea that maybe 2 8-tops in close proximity would make conversation with all in your party much easier and more pleasant. Ask about a table for 15 and see what they say. Have a great cruise!:)

We're a group of 12 & will be on the Oasis- I called to see if we would be at one table - she said there are only a few tables of 12- and that they rarely put tables together- Partly due to that it is hard to hold conversations- also it's hard to serve- they have to wait for everyone to be seated before they take orders. It's better to do 2 smaller tables- you can rotate who seats with who - so you all get a chance to eat together IMHO.

It's better to do 2 smaller tables- you can rotate who seats with who - so you all get a chance to eat together IMHO.

*grin* Our group does that seating shenanigans fairly often. Some of the waitstaff think it's excellent, some get frustrated when the people they know have particular preferences end up at a different table. Reassurances that we're all friends, we don't expect perfect smoothness when we're the ones pulling tricks, and a ten-dollar bill go a long way toward smoothing that frustration, though.