I need advice!!

coolestwife

I'm trying to set up a surprise cruise for my DH and now I've been reading about the new passport requirements. We will be going Mexico 5/21/06 and from what I've read the requirements for Mexico will not be in effect untill 12/31/06. But if we do need to get passports....how can I keep the cruise a secret????? Any one have any suggestions on reasons he would need to get a passport?? Help!!! I don't want to blow the surprise!!!:eek:

I'm trying to set up a surprise cruise for my DH and now I've been reading about the new passport requirements. We will be going Mexico 5/21/06 and from what I've read the requirements for Mexico will not be in effect untill 12/31/06. But if we do need to get passports....how can I keep the cruise a secret????? Any one have any suggestions on reasons he would need to get a passport?? Help!!! I don't want to blow the surprise!!!:eek:

I read this morning that passports may be going up next year because of the new regulations. If you do any traveling at all, it's a great form of ID. Just try to convince him that he needs it *just in case*. Just got my passport pic done at lunch today at CVS (pharmacy) and am going to take my documentation in tomorrow. Other than paying for it, it's a relatively painless and quite simple to do.:)

If you have gone a cruise in the past you can tell him you should get them "just in case" an awesome deal comes up that you just can't pass up.

Also, I'm hearing that there is going to be a "mad rush" for obtaining passports and advising should get them now.

You could also say that you can't even goto Canada (Niagara Falls) w/o and also it is just soooo much easier to travel with a passport!

Also, some travel agents are advising that the fees are going to double after 1/1/06.

Good luck!

You are a wife, you know what to do....... LIE, with a bit of the truth thrown in.

Tell him you have been seeing some really great air fares ocsaionally to France, Italy or wherever, and that just in case you two ever decide to go on one, you want to be ready.

Passports can take up to 6 weeks or more, and you would hate to miss out on an opertunity over the next ten years casue you two didnt have one. Besides Passports are a fantastic ID, better than drivers licences for important stuff.

Do it soon so he will forget about the whole thing by next spring.

And who knows, you might also find a great ari fare to France or Italy over the next few years, making an honest woman of yourself :D

hmmmm....I like the just in case thing....I wonder if he would go for it or if he would know something's up....

You really just never know. My dad got the opporturnity to go to China for a few weeks a few years ago to train some electicians on wiring mining machinery. He could have left almost immediately, but he didn't have a passport. They had to put a rush on it (I think his company paid for it?), but still, you never know. And with the way things are going these days, I want to be able to prove my citizenship and quickly if needed.

How about this...."Honey, I was reading on the internet that the prices for passports are going to double in January and you may need to travel out of the country for work. We should go down and get them before there's a big rush of people trying to save money....besides, both the kids have one and I feel left out!"

That is a good one, but I also like the idea of a trip planned further out. Like late summer of next year.

But just in case passports before the rates go up, should do it, espically if the kids already have them.

It bothers me that my kids and done and seen more than I have. They are on thier own now, it is our turn!

I would use the just in case and do it now since price going up but say it's for something like a Canada trip you are looking into but sooner than the cruise date. He may put it off so do it now for something you will do soon and then say it fell through after you get the passports. You should be able to do it all but the photo and the signature so get it all ready but that and then get it done quickly.

Archived