FLL pre-departure hotel suggestions please

jkgourmet

I think I know why it's letting you book this rate, you have acquired the sports teams group code for the mvp rates and you're plugging it in through the main Hilton site. There is a Hilton MVP site, separate from the regular Hilton site, this is the link they give athletes to book through to get the MVP rates:

http://directconnect.hilton.com/dc/dclogin.jhtml;jsessionid=BLRKFUDSDE1AICSQA003EWQ?_pNd=6KChO3qjh2&_requestid=13927

No....I have no "sports team's group code".:confused:

Until I have specific restrictions from Hilton re the Hilton Family MVP plan, I will continue to use it. It's just another shopping stop when I research pricing/availibility on rooms. And I'm happy I found it with help from others here. I guess we might run into each other some day....I'll be the one without a team outfit. lol

Edited by eandj

I think I know why it's letting you book this rate, you have acquired the sports teams group code for the mvp rates and you're plugging it in through the main Hilton site. There is a Hilton MVP site, separate from the regular Hilton site, this is the link they give athletes to book through to get the MVP rates:

http://directconnect.hilton.com/dc/dclogin.jhtml;jsessionid=BLRKFUDSDE1AICSQA003EWQ?_pNd=6KChO3qjh2&_requestid=13927

no just using the Hilton site and logging in, I am not using a team code and it does not tell me anywhere that I am using a restricted code. When I have traveled with my kids and their AAU basketball team, the clubs have always booked blocks of rooms for the travel team, so we have always used that in the past not the hilton reward site.

I have used Hilton MVP many many many times and believe me, no one in my family is an athlete. It just let's me book the MVP rate through the Hilton Honors page and never have I received any notification of fraudulence.

."

As you go to book your reservation this will come up: "•We reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations where it appears that a customer has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where it appears that the reservations contain or resulted from a mistake or error."

The above is used mainly for when internet glitches happen and the hotel accidently publishes $0.05 room rates. This protects them when they correct the glitch and up your rate.

It isn't for non athletes checking into an MVP rate. Anyone can book under any room block they want and the hotel will honor the rate. You never have to prove you are or are not with a group. The hotel will not ask.

After 20 years in the hotel business I have never even heard of a guest being asked for credentials. I would have fired my front desk staff on site for being so rude.

The only time ever we need validation is when a non profit or federal gov't employee needs tax exempt status and we have to provide documentation to the state. The guest understands this and already has made provisions for these credentials.

I was hoping you would join in on this hotel rate discussion BlueHerons. :)

The way ABC was going on about me "getting away with" , "getting caught", the use of this particular code as being "fraudulant" etc. really was getting me...:confused:

Maybe you added more info for her so she can relax. Not sure why she is so insistent that only athletes are offered and should stay in those rooms and rates. I swear never remembering one athletic team when we have been at the Bahia Mar.:D

I was hoping you would join in on this hotel rate discussion BlueHerons. :)

The way ABC was going on about me "getting away with" , "getting caught", the use of this particular code as being "fraudulant" etc. really was getting me...:confused:

Maybe you added more info for her so she can relax. Not sure why she is so insistent that only athletes are offered and should stay in those rooms and rates. I swear never remembering one athletic team when we have been at the Bahia Mar.:D

Hotels are in the business of selling as many rooms as possible. Empty room nights can never be made up. Anytime you are in a situation that a hotel is full, find out what convention is currently at the hotel and book under that convention.

The meeting planners don't care either because they are saddled with penalties for not selling out the rooms.

I agree it was a bit of an odd argument. One of my girlfriends is a bigwig with Hilton, I'll send her a text.

Edited by BlueHerons

We have used the MVP rate probably 30 times. In many different states. We have never once been asked if we were connected to a sports team. Believe me, we do not look like sports team members. I will keep using the rate.

The only thing I can see when I do a mock booking is the heading about being a Partner in sports.

If you use that sight a lot, you will notice that the rates will go away if the hotel is getting close to full. They don't care how you book the room, as long as they can fill the rooms. People that book under any of the discount booking sites probably pay less than the MVP rate.

Claudia

My goodness! All these details on how to book a Hilton Hotel on the cheap using (apparently) fraudulent codes, conventions and what not.

As a seriously honest person, this makes me sorry I ever started this thread. Most of you folks booking these questionable discounted rooms are probably in suites and balcony cabins on your cruises, flying business class, spending big bucks on private excursions, etc.

But you're bragging about getting a hotel room with a MVP code that may or may not be legitimate, or advising people to outright lie about convention attendance.

Shame on you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

But you're bragging about getting a hotel room with a MVP code that may or may not be legitimate, or advising people to outright lie about convention attendance.

Shame on you.

I have a twenty year hotel background. I can promise you this is a legitimate rate.

If the hotel wanted this rate to be exclusive, you wouldn't know a thing about it. Trust me there are many rates that you have no idea that exist that you don't have access to.

Try and book an employee rate. It's out there but you can't access it because the hotel will not allow you to access this rate.

No one is getting anything over on the Hilton Hotel family. It's a multi billion dollar business. They are a lot smarter than we are.

And I don't appreciate you accusing me of telling people to lie. What I said was to book under the convention block.

Edited by BlueHerons

My goodness! All these details on how to book a Hilton Hotel on the cheap using (apparently) fraudulent codes, conventions and what not.

As a seriously honest person, this makes me sorry I ever started this thread. Most of you folks booking these questionable discounted rooms are probably in suites and balcony cabins on your cruises, flying business class, spending big bucks on private excursions, etc.

Shame on you.

Sir / M'am, get over yourself. This is legitimate otherwise:

1. Someone at the Hilton would have caught on long time ago

2. Experienced hotel staff would not recommend it

3. It wouldn't be free to book online without anyone checking anything

4. This thread (and all others re MVP) would have disappeared already, since CC does not allow any illegal business.

If you wish to pay rack rates for your hotel stays - by all means. But don't judge others wise enough to save themselves some money.

Glad you found it. We have used our "free membership" for over a year and a half with no problems and no charges. I love the liberal cancellation policy. Gives you time to shop around closer to the date. I have cancelled and rebooked here a couple times with no problems. They give the credit card a refund within 3 or 4 days no questions asked.

And yes I have used valuetrips once. MANY others use it booking that hotel in Ft L. Sometimes if it's a peak season you will be told they will get back to you with availibility. BUt most often they can add to their room inventory and you get the room.

Just wanted to thank you again for the valuetrips info...I booked the Hyatt Place for August..I was unable to get the room thru their normal booking site..it kept saying unavailable for my dates but I did get a confirmation thru value. I did check the confirmation number on they Hyatt site and it is there...total price, including taxes $109...and they had my special requests listed!!! Sooooo thank you, thank you, thank you!:D

Just wanted to thank you again for the valuetrips info...I booked the Hyatt Place for August..I was unable to get the room thru their normal booking site..it kept saying unavailable for my dates but I did get a confirmation thru value. I did check the confirmation number on they Hyatt site and it is there...total price, including taxes $109...and they had my special requests listed!!! Sooooo thank you, thank you, thank you!:D

Glad you were able to get the room. I appreciate the help we get from others and if I can help someone too, I feel like my time is being spent well.:) Enjoy your trip. And come on back with hints/help for others when you can.

Edited by eandj

Sir / M'am, get over yourself. This is legitimate

If you wish to pay rack rates for your hotel stays - by all means. But don't judge others wise enough to save themselves some money.

Well said!:) Especially if one doesn't have accurate facts.

eandj have you used valuetrips often? I have never gone thru a travel site before. Have you had good results? Any problems? I am asking cuz they have Hyatt Place for $99 when I need it! Wonderful price ..too good to be true? Thanks

We booked the Hyatt Place on 17th St & 10th Ave. through ValueTrips and yes,...we got the $99 rate for a 4/16/14 pre-cruise date. We got the confirmation number back in about 2 1/2 days and I checked it against the actual Hyatt.com website and sure enough it is there for real. With tax it comes to about $110. This is about the best bargain going for this type of property with the A/P shuttle and breakfast in the AM not to mention the location which is perfect. I highly suggest it !!!!!!

Edited by mrgoalie
spelling

Just got a text back from my girlfriend who is the GM of one of Hilton's largest properties in the world. The MVP rate is for anyone, it refers to the guest being the Most Valuable Player.

Thanks for coming back to set the two posters straight.

My gosh! We MVP users have been told we are fraudulant and we should be ashamed. :eek: At least now they will feel comfortable and save some cash along with the rest of us.;)

I am a Hilton Honors member & have tried going to the MVP site but it never seems to show any discounted prices. Is there a promo code/corporate code I am supposed to be putting in?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am a Hilton Honors member & have tried going to the MVP site but it never seems to show any discounted prices. Is there a promo code/corporate code I am supposed to be putting in?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It might depend on the hotel you are looking at, and when, but I've done very well there, compared to the hotel or regular hilton websites. There is no code on the MVP site, but there is an mvp corporate code you can use on the regular websites:

Hampton, Doubletree, and Embassy: 0560041604

Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, and Hilton Grand Vacation Club: N0041604

I'm not sure which code to use for Waldorf Astoria Brand, but I've booked there on the MVP site for great rates too.

Edited by royalcruz